ForumsNews and FeedbackFeatured Games

11 4726
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

In the new website format, it would be nice to have a featured game each week. The featured game would be the most played or most rated, whichever one you think is more suitable.
If you've already added something like that then that's great, but if not would you guys consider adding it?

• 11 Replies
25wes25
25wes25
1,584 posts
Nomad

they have one for each catagory.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

they have one for each catagory.

I know that but I meant like a really good game on the home page where everyone can see it.
25wes25
25wes25
1,584 posts
Nomad

Gemcraft is top look at the popular games it shows like 5 of the top.

1,855 posts
Nomad

In the new website format, it would be nice to have a featured game each week. The featured game would be the most played or most rated, whichever one you think is more suitable.
If you've already added something like that then that's great, but if not would you guys consider adding it?

That's a good idea, but flawed. They used to have a random game button, until it got switched out for advertisements. Most played or highest rated games would never change. And the reason that it would never change, is that if it's on the front page of the website, then it would get more popular than the other ones! I do think that they should have the most popular game that had been posted that week or day posted there.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I would say most plays because ratings can easily be changed.

One person rating 10 means it will be first.

So plays would be better.

Good idea though.

25wes25
25wes25
1,584 posts
Nomad

Yea plays would be good and balanced.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Most plays would definitely be better, and perhaps a section where the random games reappear?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've discussed a few things about the game category pages, where you could sort games by popularity, games you've played most, games your friends play the most, and so on.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

That's good.. I also think the date that games are submitted to AG should also be kept. I can't seem to find that date on the page.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

We've discussed a few things about the game category pages, where you could sort games by popularity, games you've played most, games your friends play the most, and so on.

Excellente! This was going to be my next suggestion.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, we've started tracking who plays which games, but it won't be fully implemented for a while, so sorting things by how much you play, or maybe by how much your friends play, can be an option in the future.

As far as the date the game was submitted to AG, we usually approve games within a few days of submission, but I agree that showing that date on the play page is a good idea. This is getting off-topic tho.

Showing 1-11 of 11