Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

How will people be picked for AG3 beta testing?

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 11:58pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

I recall Cormyn saying that we'll be having two rounds of testing, closed and open.. He mentioned picking people from the leaderboards and also selecting a few hundred users with more than some AP. And he also said something about testers being able to invite their friends to testing.

Posted Oct 4, '10 at 11:59pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

I'd put the number of beta testers closer to the count for AG2, which was 100.

Source

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 12:00am

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

well it depends. i think theyll pick people like goumas, or maybe if firetail if gets active again then him too.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 12:00am

thepossum

thepossum

2,289 posts

Did you guys not read the blog? I believe there was mention of a handful of people from the leaderboards, and many people who aren't on it. I'm ranked 121 so...*hinthint*

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 12:01am

vinster132

vinster132

5,497 posts

@Knight

I see. So, it doesn't count contribution and activity. Hm...

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 12:01am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

We're looking at hand-picking a few people to help test the first portion of the site, and slowly expand it from there. We *may* allow the invitees to invite a few others down the road, but that's not confirmed yet.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 12:02am

thepossum

thepossum

2,289 posts

Umm...sorry 'bout that. Knight ninja'd me.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 12:03am

vinster132

vinster132

5,497 posts

We're looking at hand-picking a few people to help test the first portion of the site, and slowly expand it from there. We *may* allow the invitees to invite a few others down the road, but that's not confirmed yet.

When you mean "few", about how much will be that?

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 12:10am

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

That clears it up. A little.

What factors would you be looking at?

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 12:14am

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

If we look at what happened for AG2...it may involve the odd chance of clicking on a game and being taken to an invite screen...

I got my invite in a reply from Dan...waaay back in 07...