ForumsNews and FeedbackHow will people be picked for AG3 beta testing?

81 18739
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I don't know if someone has asked. But I just want confirmation. Thanks.

• 81 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

@Freakenstein

What's the problem with invitations? If the user is unavailable or unwilling you withdraw the invitation and invite someone else.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yeah 1337, that's been there since Larry got his interview

Nah, a month or two beforeee the interview...

You find these things when you frequently check beta.armorgames.com because you miss the old times....and you somehow wish that the old beta site would come back...just so you can read through the forums, and see people like Switchfoot being model citizens...

So annoyed it got hacked, I miss my original archive thread...
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

People don't realize that beta testing isn't a koolaid picnic? Ya ain't here t' ooo and aaah the presence of th' site, y' here t' make sure th' daggum functions are workin' 'fectively!

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

So annoyed it got hacked, I miss my original archive thread..

Wut happened? AG history keeping is exciting.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

@Knight:

It just seems to me that the developers may not be picking the right individuals with invitations. I could be wrong. I could be skeptical and paranoid. My opinion is with signups, the developers are eliminating a couple steps to the beta testing process.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Well, isn't that why the developers will actually watch the users and the forums? I really don't mind which way it goes.. or whether there is a combination or not. I believe we will have limited sign-ups and from there gradual invitations.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

@Jezz: Heyz, it's just my whole 'sincebeta' thingo...would be ruined. LOL! Really, idc...would just be nice to be recognised for loyalty or something...

@Moonfairy: There's a thing called timezones. It isnt fair if someone wakes up one morning to see a locked thread about beta submissions just because that they missed because of a good nights sleep.

@Knight: Some person hacked into the beta site and took it over. Was quite lol actually...I think he called people fat...

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

True. This could be like the Great Compromise of AG, if you like U.S. government. Bicameral Beta testing!

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Knight: Some person hacked into the beta site and took it over. Was quite lol actually...I think he called people fat...

Heh. I would of taken screenshots.

True. This could be like the Great Compromise of AG, if you like U.S. government. Bicameral Beta testing!

Ohhhh kay... *takes out umbrella*
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

@ kingryan. Then why not open it up possibly foru times a day...? 12, 3, 6, and 9. equal opportunities there.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

@Moonfairy: Do the admins reaaaalllly wanna be up all night? Sure, we have people like Strop who is a graveyard timezone mod...but yea...

@Knight: I did...and then earlier this year my computer got stolen...

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Do the admins reaaaalllly wanna be up all night? Sure, we have people like Strop who is a graveyard timezone mod...but yea...

Strop is a graveyard timezone mod? That's great to know.

I did...and then earlier this year my computer got stolen...

That sucks...

I think they should leave the thread (if there will be one) open for 24 hours. They'll just choose the most appropriate people to test the beta site. And they'll probably just leave the spammers/newbies/trollers alone.
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

[quote=kingryan]Do the admins reaaaalllly wanna be up all night? Sure, we have people like Strop who is a graveyard timezone mod...but yea...[/quote]

They probably wouldn't wanna be online all night.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

@Ryenn: Recognition for being soopah doopah awesome? You gots it! ;D

I personally go with the idea that a handful of invitations are given out to seemingly reliable users, they try out beta, more invitations are given out, they also try beta, then the signups are opened.
Regarding the issues of unreliable users getting picked: don't fret! If they don't do their job properly, kick them straight out of beta!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

In beta, if we don't have forums then the most a useless user can do is spam somewhere...

Which means that useless testers are not a hindrance, just a waste of space...

Showing 61-75 of 81