Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

How will people be picked for AG3 beta testing?

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:07pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,216 posts

A competent, reliable one, anyway

You know..... When I first started this site back in feburary, I didn't know how to quote... lol
Anyways. What I think is crappy is that no one I think has the time to go through all the peoples comments. I would, but I'm probably not going to be asked to. I still might just for the lolz, but I would need about two weeks of undisturbed internet connection and battery life just ot get through the Action game comments and find reliable testers.

I also really think there should be online essays or like some sign up sheet.... Maybe... THis corymn person will open a thread, SIGN UPS FOR BETA I. open it for about an hour. then lock it. Go through all the people that filled out some form thingie that you posted on the topic, go to their profile if their sign up thing sound appropriate, check their comments, etc. If you don't have enough beta testers, stick a post on the first beta sign up, saying another will be opened the next day. Make a BETA SIGN UPS II. Give the same sign up, and close it in like 45 minutes. Thin out the sign up forms and then just repeat if you still need beta testers.
As always, This is just MY OPINION.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:08pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

@Freakenstein

What's the problem with invitations? If the user is unavailable or unwilling you withdraw the invitation and invite someone else.

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

Yeah 1337, that's been there since Larry got his interview :)

Nah, a month or two beforeee the interview...

You find these things when you frequently check beta.armorgames.com because you miss the old times....and you somehow wish that the old beta site would come back...just so you can read through the forums, and see people like Switchfoot being model citizens...

So annoyed it got hacked, I miss my original archive thread...

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

People don't realize that beta testing isn't a koolaid picnic? Ya ain't here t' ooo and aaah the presence of th' site, y' here t' make sure th' daggum functions are workin' 'fectively!

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:10pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

So annoyed it got hacked, I miss my original archive thread..

Wut happened? AG history keeping is exciting. :D

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:11pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

@Knight:

It just seems to me that the developers may not be picking the right individuals with invitations. I could be wrong. I could be skeptical and paranoid. My opinion is with signups, the developers are eliminating a couple steps to the beta testing process.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:13pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

Well, isn't that why the developers will actually watch the users and the forums? I really don't mind which way it goes.. or whether there is a combination or not. I believe we will have limited sign-ups and from there gradual invitations.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:14pm

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

@Jezz: Heyz, it's just my whole 'sincebeta' thingo...would be ruined. LOL! Really, idc...would just be nice to be recognised for loyalty or something...

@Moonfairy: There's a thing called timezones. It isnt fair if someone wakes up one morning to see a locked thread about beta submissions just because that they missed because of a good nights sleep.

@Knight: Some person hacked into the beta site and took it over. Was quite lol actually...I think he called people fat...

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:16pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

True. This could be like the Great Compromise of AG, if you like U.S. government. Bicameral Beta testing! :D

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:19pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

Knight: Some person hacked into the beta site and took it over. Was quite lol actually...I think he called people fat...

Heh. I would of taken screenshots.

True. This could be like the Great Compromise of AG, if you like U.S. government. Bicameral Beta testing! :D

Ohhhh kay... *takes out umbrella*