Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

How will people be picked for AG3 beta testing?

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:20pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,216 posts

@ kingryan. Then why not open it up possibly foru times a day...? 12, 3, 6, and 9. equal opportunities there.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:22pm

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

@Moonfairy: Do the admins reaaaalllly wanna be up all night? Sure, we have people like Strop who is a graveyard timezone mod...but yea...

@Knight: I did...and then earlier this year my computer got stolen...

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:25pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,773 posts

Do the admins reaaaalllly wanna be up all night? Sure, we have people like Strop who is a graveyard timezone mod...but yea...

Strop is a graveyard timezone mod? That's great to know.

I did...and then earlier this year my computer got stolen...

That sucks...

I think they should leave the thread (if there will be one) open for 24 hours. They'll just choose the most appropriate people to test the beta site. And they'll probably just leave the spammers/newbies/trollers alone.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:26pm

Holden012

Holden012

1,964 posts

kingryan wrote:

Do the admins reaaaalllly wanna be up all night? Sure, we have people like Strop who is a graveyard timezone mod...but yea...

They probably wouldn't wanna be online all night.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:30pm

jezz

jezz

1,447 posts

@Ryenn: Recognition for being soopah doopah awesome? You gots it! ;D

I personally go with the idea that a handful of invitations are given out to seemingly reliable users, they try out beta, more invitations are given out, they also try beta, then the signups are opened.
Regarding the issues of unreliable users getting picked: don't fret! If they don't do their job properly, kick them straight out of beta!

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:36pm

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

In beta, if we don't have forums then the most a useless user can do is spam somewhere...

Which means that useless testers are not a hindrance, just a waste of space...

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:38pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

@Knight: I did...and then earlier this year my computer got stolen...

Woah.. When I decided to experiment with stats tracking I nearly lost my data.. Heh. Keeping it on a flash drive was still good.

I personally go with the idea that a handful of invitations are given out to seemingly reliable users, they try out beta, more invitations are given out, they also try beta, then the signups are opened.

Regarding the issues of unreliable users getting picked: don't fret! If they don't do their job properly, kick them straight out of beta!

I was thinking about limited sign-ups first but that is also viable.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:39pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Strop is a graveyard timezone mod? That's great to know.

Gravetime as in gets online when I do, apparently. Because he has more to do irl than I have. Sometimes I am even online before him. What does that make me....

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:43pm

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

That makes you Gravekeeper...

I guess that Strop is getting on later and later these days...so he's edging into morning time...

But you know...this is off topic...Yay for the AM&W...

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 8:44pm

jezz

jezz

1,447 posts

In beta, if we don't have forums then the most a useless user can do is spam somewhere...
Which means that useless testers are not a hindrance, just a waste of space...

Well then that clears that up!
*grumbles*beta knowitall...*/grumbles*

Cenere, you should be in bed. Its uber late and you're uber ill.
I probably sound like a mother D: