ForumsNews and FeedbackRules and regulations

17 5595
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Because this is obviously all I care for when it come to the new version:

Will the help/rules page be updated big time, and be actually... helpful?
As well as slightly altering the Terms and Conditions to be even clearer?

Because then I wouldn't have to start working on the delayed sticky-update-slash-AG-wiki > >;

• 17 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Good call! I'd love it if we all had to re-accept a new ToS.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

so many newcomers are asking questions that should be addressed on the profile page.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

help page sorry :I

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Slight side note:

How hard would it be to create a 'bot' that would answer all the FAQs? For instance, a member goes to the...uh.. ArmorBot and says, "What are APs?" ArmorBot says, "APs are Armor Points. They are earned...blah blah blah"

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

so many newcomers are asking questions that should be addressed on the profile page.

What?
A lot of newbies ask questions they should know the answer to, if they read the stickies/the stickies were updated properly (I am getting to it > <!!). A lot of questions could be answered better, if the help page was actually helpful to the extent it is needed with the growing population and changes to how stuff work.
Also, information is a pet peevee of mine, because I am getting a BA in information science, and it hurts to look at how it is at the moment.

Good call! I'd love it if we all had to re-accept a new ToS.

I know Strop has wanted a change to it for a year or more now, so as his apprentice... Uhm... As a fellow mod, I really want it to be done.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

How hard would it be to create a 'bot' that would answer all the FAQs? For instance, a member goes to the...uh.. ArmorBot and says, "What are APs?" ArmorBot says, "APs are Armor Points. They are earned...blah blah blah"

I liiike it. And it would help a lot. If people then want more or better info, they could go see the help page, and get it explained in another way.
With the type and amount of threads we see in the new comer's it would deffo be a large plus and help.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

so many newcomers are asking questions that should be addressed on the HELP page.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Not to mention, ArmorBot could have some quirky humor. I'd love it if we could come up with some of the dialog.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

so many newcomers are asking questions that should be addressed on the HELP page.

Thus, this. Or the AG wiki I am staring at.

Not to mention, ArmorBot could have some quirky humor. I'd love it if we could come up with some of the dialog.

It could be over the top, down the valley, across the stream awesome.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Efan: mr pockets has quirky dialog (hopeful face)
Mods: GO AWAY EFAN.pesky creature...
Efanooohhhh....

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

An AI-operated FAQ bot would be nice, but not practical in our timeline. We as a team would ahve to review any ToS changes, but we could certainly reiterate our existing ToS, rules, etc.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

So erm...something to skew the conversation a bit but to still remain on-topic...

Will previously-banned accounts be able to access AG3? Or will it be as Ian has said before and not be able to at all, since every aspect of AG2's accounts are migrated into AG3?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Freak, that's off-topic completely. )

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Really? Dang. XD

In that case, I support T&C because some of those rules can be interpreted ambiguously.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I started a new thread for you, Freak.

Showing 1-15 of 17