ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3] What will happen to banned users from AG2?

4 4603
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Will previously-banned accounts be able to access AG3? Or will it be as Ian has said before and not be able to at all, since every aspect of AG2's accounts are migrated into AG3?

We currently have a system in place that watches everything about your user profile (password changes, updated profile info, etc), and migrates your user data to the new AG3 system in an identical fashion.

Therefore, if you are a banned user on AG2, you will also be banned on AG3, and your user profile will remain locked.

If it's a temporary ban, being un-banned will then also un-ban you from AG3.

We do not intend to give everyone a clean slate with AG3 and un-ban AG2 users who were perma-banned for bad behavior.
  • 4 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

That's another uncertainty put to rest. Ah well, at least I'm not banned. Some people were suggesting the possible return of users who got banned a long time ago.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Before we learned of migration, Knight, that could have been a possibility. Good thing it's not, right?

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Yes, it keeps nasties out and it deters further misbehaviour as even the repentant will be blacklisted forever.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I can be quite short in these matters... If you're banned, you surely MUST have done something against the website's regulations and have been warned for that back then... if you then choose to continue your action(s), you should suffer the consequenses of it!

I vote 'NAY'... hey wait... I'm not allowed to vote on that! LOL

Showing 1-4 of 4