Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Soopah-Doopah Stickies:

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 12:49am

25wes25

25wes25

317 posts

more karma meens more respect meens more noticable meens favorite community member!

Less karma meens eventual temporary suspension?

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 12:54am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

Well, karma is only representative of your behaviour. Negative karma won't mean you are going to be banned today, or tomorrow. It just says that you've been vile.

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 12:54am

25wes25

25wes25

317 posts

Oh ok thanks knight i unerstand now. :)

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 6:19am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Sorry, this sounds like a forum turn off. Nobody wants to do homework just to make an account, even if the questions are easy. = /

Thanks - -;
Worked fine of the the other side, but then again I don't know how much work their mods go through on the site either.

A pop-up/private mes. with "Here to find infoplz" seems like the better middleway, though.
I fear that in the end there will be no way to actually solve this to a point where there won't be "How do I get AP???!!" all over the newcomer's, but that's forum life.

Then, of course, there was another forum using the "You can't use the forum before you have made a post in the newcomer's section" and stuff.

As long as it actually work to give people the rules in their hand, not only for the forums and in the forums, but for the entire site, it will be okay.

(On another note: Karmapoints D: )

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 11:21am

lllllllllllllllllll

lllllllllllllllllll

189 posts

Hm.... Soopah-Doopah stickies. Hm....

Probably it's a good thing, but not sure about it. Hm.....

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 2:07pm

lllllllllllllllllll

lllllllllllllllllll

189 posts

Oh, what about emoticons. Like when I type in :D it doesn't show a Smily Face. That'll be awesome.

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 4:20pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

@lllllllllllllllllll that has nothing to do with stickies. If you want that feature, please post it in the appropriate thread (or start one if there isn't one)

Thanks!

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 4:21pm

wajor59

wajor59

904 posts

I just thought of something.
You know how the spell check system is on Yahoo? It places the squiggly red line under the oops words and then when you click on the word if gives you choices? I wonder if this type of system would work for both the profile page comment section and the forums for AG3?
Like Cenere has said, if we keep the rules concise and the stickies down to a minimum then these are all loaded into the system. When a user hits submit for a new thread topic or, is just commenting on a thread, the system looks for keywords and phrases and offers the user choices.

eg: I want to start a thread on the WEPR and name it, "Will War Come To Cuba?". Now the system checks both the archives for thread topics and the rules/stickies for the WERP.

I know I haven't memorized all of the rules and I only read new rules and stickies when I notice them, not every time I have a question.

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 4:29pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,773 posts

I just thought of something.
You know how the spell check system is on Yahoo? It places the squiggly red line under the oops words and then when you click on the word if gives you choices? I wonder if this type of system would work for both the profile page comment section and the forums for AG3?

You mean in general for posting a forum post/comment? That has to do with your browser. If you're browser has spell check then it'll have that red line under the word.

As for the super duper sticky, I don't think that would be a bad idea. Maybe you could try adding it.

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 4:42pm

wajor59

wajor59

904 posts

You mean in general for posting a forum post/comment? That has to do with your browser. If you're browser has spell check then it'll have that red line under the word.

As for the super duper sticky, I don't think that would be a bad idea. Maybe you could try adding it

No, I mean for Armor Games version 3's search engine. I'm only comparing my idea to that of Yahoo mail so it would be familiar to  a developer, like Ian, aka Cormyn.

Reply to Soopah-Doopah Stickies:

You must be logged in to post a reply!