ForumsNews and FeedbackSoopah-Doopah Stickies:

36 12922
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

While I shouldn't give criticism to the newcomers as I also had this trouble when I was new, the very thought of having stickies when they were more or less ignored or looked over is very alarming. Anything to make the important threads stand out better than just a pin and bold words would be great! Glowing letters, big fonts, different fonts, arrows, bling-bling, something to catch everyones' eyes. While some do acknowledge the stickies and read them, there is evidence that some do not

• 36 Replies
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Yes, that's what I was referring to, thanks Cormyn. Ok, well I had to ask.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

No, really, the rules (or at least the page) are pointless. I haven't read them in 2 years. The only thing you need is common sense.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

yeah, the stickies actually had a reverse effect on me. I found that I would often not even realize those were threads... I still overlook them alot.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, you do tend to lose track of them after a while. It'd be one thing to have sticky threads stay at the top, but they should only be bolded when something new has been added, that way you can easily see that an update has been made.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

I you turn the forum into a giant random rainbow with little pics at random places and different text sizes and italics, it would be very hard to read the text underneath.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Should I change to page two - the "stickies" will not change (so people can actually see the halo thread on any page). However, the "normal threads" will change as it does right now.

Gamespot does something similar to this, I believe. They have the list of stickies (a little too many) listed, separate part of the thread list, then have the list of regular and locked threads afterwards. This behooves the readers to look at the stickies first before reading any of the other threads. Will this promote reading the stickies more? I cannot say.

What we need to do...is take a bunch of new guys...stick them in a barren room with no access to the outside world...leave NOTHING but a computer for each of them...provide them with the website and see if they make a thread without reading a sticky. While insane, it is nonetheless productive, and I can (and will) provide the guineapigs
Showing 31-36 of 36