ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

[AG3 idea] Deleted Username Lottery

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 9:35pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

One of my college projects was building a random number generator from scratch, taking system "entropy" (signal noise on the plugs and ports like the user moving their mouse) and using that to calculate something as close to perfectly random as possible. Good times.

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 10:13pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,296 posts

Knight

Just keep a sharp eye out for inactive members who submitted games. XD

Posted Oct 5, '10 at 10:16pm

Kirby998

Kirby998

5,570 posts

More like 50... and more frequent as well. People who REALLLLLLLLY want to change their username will end up taking up space for other users by hounding up the lottery.

Posted Oct 19, '10 at 5:43pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,306 posts

I like my username as it is, so I don't think I'd want to have a lottery for it. Also, how many people would want one name? Unless they wanted it to begin and someone already had that...

Posted Oct 19, '10 at 9:57pm

Peter20

Peter20

552 posts

confution!!!!!!!!! wait so were going to raffel off accs what????????? or wait someone clarify for me im confused

Posted Oct 20, '10 at 12:37pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

Peter20, the lottery idea was for users who had been inactive for like a year or more, to delete their accounts, and have a lottery system to give that old username to users who *want* to change their current username.

The biggest example, is a username "1337" who has been inactive for quite a while. If we were to delete this account, there are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of users who would love to get the opportunity to grab this username for themselves.

Overall, though, we're not really looking into this any more. If we do implement something like this, it will be done a long time from now.

Posted Oct 21, '10 at 4:37pm

escartian

escartian

801 posts

I really don't care either way good or bad.
I like my name though of course there are some names people really want...
It may confusion...but go for it!

Posted Oct 21, '10 at 5:04pm

WolfMan121

WolfMan121

706 posts

i fro example want the name wolfman and i found that user who has been inactive for around a year this would allow people to get user names like that

Posted Nov 7, '10 at 7:56pm

logantheking

logantheking

260 posts

Maybe the 'Karma' points could be used for an auction?

Posted Nov 7, '10 at 8:34pm

vance199510

vance199510

33 posts

Ok i don't know if this has been mentioned or not(I read the first and second page then didn't feel like reading 3 lol). What if someone moves and they have to get internet again and their parents can't afford it immediately then their account gets auctioned off or if they live alone and can't get internet and their account gets auctioned off. I don't want to completely bash this idea, it's a good idea but i thought that i would bring that idea up just to include this idea in this thread.