Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Forum Tool Updates

Posted Jul 8, '12 at 2:58pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

At first, yes, it'll be a major pain in the (censored), but I know I'll try and renew some big threads myself. Or at least try. I'm planning on keeping screenshots of some big, major posts that affected AG dramatically but weren't/aren't stickied.

It will be a tedious task. But if it has to be done, then it has to be done.

Then, of course, you can always count on the newcomers to post those repeatable, and often duplicate, threads. I really, really, hope some of the ideas we came up with in the past few weeks will actually be considered and implemented sometime before AG3 so we have some fresh blood to go off on.

Posted Jul 8, '12 at 4:44pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Talking about the AMW, anyone who wants to keep the works that were created yet have not saved them anywhere else could just copy and paste into notepad and save it for when the AG3 forums surface. Is it convenient? No. But it will make for a much less cluttered forum to start. It gives an opportunity to organize your works, and even edit them if needed.

Sadly, it seems that looking back on the forums via the Wayback Machine and other cache sites may not be an option as AG blocked the community from being crawlable :/

Posted Jul 8, '12 at 5:09pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Talking about the AMW, anyone who wants to keep the works that were created yet have not saved them anywhere else could just copy and paste into notepad and save it for when the AG3 forums surface.

Yeah, there's always that option. My concerns were the competitions though. I'm sure it would be of value to have a record of who-won-what-and-when.

Sadly, it seems that looking back on the forums via the Wayback Machine and other cache sites may not be an option as AG blocked the community from being crawlable :/

Yup, I tried MrDayCee's link to AG1, and tried to go to AG2's earliest days to get some info. Too bad it won't work. That's why I'm going to screenshot and upload everything myself.

If anyone's curious, the button to hit when you want a screenshot is "PrtScrSysRq." It's near the top of most PC-compatible keyboards. When you hit it, open up Paint and hit CTRL + V. Then the screen will be pasted onto Paint. Merely save, upload, and share.

Posted Jul 10, '12 at 2:38am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,540 posts

Knight

Sadly, it seems that looking back on the forums via the Wayback Machine and other cache sites may not be an option as AG blocked the community from being crawlable

I tried to find TTICA via the Wayback Machine and I couldn't even access the main community page.

Which, of course, means if the forums get erased, they get erased for good. In other words, we'll never see any of our precious posts again.

That's why I'm going to screenshot and upload everything myself.

Everything...?

Posted Jul 10, '12 at 8:12am

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Everything...?

Not everything. Just the most significant things that Gantic won't include in his threads of repute.

Posted Jul 12, '12 at 11:32am

Pazx

Pazx

4,494 posts

Will AG3 have buttons for editing posts, previewing posts, and a "subscribed threads" tab where you could see any new posts in threads you have posted in or manually subscribed to?

Posted Jul 12, '12 at 3:12pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

Will AG3 have buttons for editing posts, previewing posts, and a "subscribed threads" tab where you could see any new posts in threads you have posted in or manually subscribed to?

If only we had an admin here.

It would be foolish of them to not include those features. Most if not all modern forums have them.

Posted Jul 13, '12 at 8:32pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,540 posts

Knight

It would be foolish of them to not include those features. Most if not all modern forums have them.

It would also be foolish not to include them because there would be no purpose in redesigning the forums if they didn't have anything new to add.

Posted Jul 14, '12 at 7:45am

headsmash11

headsmash11

2 posts

I prefer it the way it is.

Posted Jul 14, '12 at 12:32pm

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,812 posts

i like it the way it is too but there is room for improvement, i've said it before and i'll say it again, there should be the option of sub-threads, like in the call of duty sticky have like a division for each call of duty game

~Manly Man

Reply to Forum Tool Updates

You must be logged in to post a reply!