Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Forum Tool Updates

Posted Apr 30, '11 at 9:42pm

Paarfam

Paarfam

1,188 posts

-More reliable mods

Moderators would be so hateful against users. Not that I've seen it, but many people complain that a mod did something for no reason. I see your point in all of this, but I was just making a few points that most of AG's community would be fond of. Not just/or me.

Posted Apr 30, '11 at 10:06pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

Moderators would be so hateful against users. Not that I've seen it, but many people complain that a mod did something for no reason.

They are Moderators for some reasons - one of those reasons is that they are very trustworthy.

If a user is complaining it must be because they were banned - they broke a rule and got banned. Moderators don't take action against users for no reason. They also lock or delete threads for a reason - there's no reason to dislike a Moderator or think that you need more 'reliable' Moderators because they enforce the rules well.

I see your point in all of this, but I was just making a few points that most of AG's community would be fond of. Not just/or me.

Yeah, but most of those ideas are horrible.

Giving users power inside their own thread like that is just bad - a lot of people would abuse it.

I understand if you get a lot of good reputation then you could possibly lock your thread if you want, but not off the bat like that. But still, I don't think the Administrators would give users powers like that.

Posted May 3, '11 at 12:54pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

have the ability to clear spam from the thread

No, this will be a moderator function. Same with locking. As I've previously mentioned elsewhere, we MAY give the original poster the ability to submit their thread to the moderation team as a "please lock my thread" request.

Different text colors

No, this has already been discussed.

Posted May 5, '11 at 1:55pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,095 posts

I'm not sure if this is discussed in overall community-wise or strictly on the Reputation System of AG3, but has anything been ultimately decided about posts that have plenty of negative votes, user and mod wise? Will users have the option to automatically hide/filter out posts that have X amount of negative votes, mods automatically notified of said posts, internal systems automatically notified? Or is it out there already and I need to go search for it, because I've been playing the part of Rip Van Winkle recently? :P

Posted May 5, '11 at 8:09pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Freak, some of what you're asking will depend on the forum engine we use/build, so I can't comment on them. We don't even know yet if we'll have a down-vote option, but I'm sure we'll have a "flag this thread" option for moderators to see.

And the Reputation system will come after AG3 launches, too.

Posted May 7, '11 at 6:52pm

Ghgt99

Ghgt99

1,441 posts

They are Moderators for some reasons - one of those reasons is that they are very trustworthy.

Yeah, the entire admin team, John,Cormyn,Dan etc... and the entire mod team have to accept them. That is pretty strict screening.

Posted May 8, '11 at 5:28am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

The admin team do not have to unanimously approve them, but the rest of the current moderator team do, since they all have to work together.

Posted May 8, '11 at 10:43pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Will the AG3 forums support other text? Because right now as you know, many stuff come out as ש˙∆˚לום.

Posted May 9, '11 at 9:25pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

We will support UTF-8 characters, but comments and forum posts will still need to be written in English.

Posted May 9, '11 at 9:26pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

We will support UTF-8 characters, but comments and forum posts will still need to be written in English.

I am unaware of what that is. Is it what you are currently using on AG2?

Reply to Forum Tool Updates

You must be logged in to post a reply!