slayguy8

slayguy8

510 posts

i personally like the idea so you dont need to change your profile

Posted Oct 9, '10 at 3:14pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,774 posts

I think it would be good but I don't see why you can't just change your "About" to say what mood you're in. But just add it so people will know what mood your in and what response you can put to their mood.

What?

Posted Oct 12, '10 at 3:12pm

turdfighter3

turdfighter3

28 posts

ya srsly whats that from?

Posted Oct 12, '10 at 5:11pm

TikTokToo1

TikTokToo1

91 posts

@ thaboss, im pretty sure that pic's from Newgrounds.

Anyways, a mood button? on a flash game site like AG? Too social like if you ask me. Also, not many people are gonna catch your mood so much, so there's not too much point....

In other words, this is AG, not MySpace.

Posted Oct 12, '10 at 6:36pm

Zanto_zsnes

Zanto_zsnes

939 posts

whats that from?????

Hahaha, well lad, that is most certainly a screenshot of "the making of a thread/topic" on Newgrounds. Doing the same here would be considered copying, no? of course. *facepalm*

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 12:26am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

@Prometheus

Those are thread mood buttons. I've seen it on a few sites (including Newgrounds). The OP is suggesting that profile mood buttons be implemented.

---------

It wouldn't wreck my day if this was actually implemented, but I still find it mildly annoying. I may be pretty old fashioned here, but I do not like all those fairly complex, overly "cute" emoticons. Also, I don't see much purpose for a mood button. Ah, oh well.

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 8:18am

escartian

escartian

656 posts

As has been said...bad idea
This would just be plain annoying and would take time from the site developers to make something USEFUL (scary when it is bold is it not?)

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 9:22am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,155 posts

Mood? If you're good enough, you can figure out how someone feels by the tone of their posts and, even more conspicuous, if they include emoticons, aka emotions. I myself just came out of Psychology 101 after a grueling mid-term exam :S

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 1:04pm

XxStormxX

XxStormxX

67 posts

No offence, but it is a games website... I don't think many would be interested in other people's emotions.

Posted Oct 16, '10 at 10:16am

robowarrior

robowarrior

17 posts

I also think something like that seems kind of useless. plus, I don't think that everybody goes to their account before playing a new game or something. I know I don't.