ForumsNews and FeedbackSimilar Games

25 5939
DaRkNe5s
DaRkNe5s
309 posts

It will be cool a feature that show you some similar games when you are playing a kind of game like youtube similar videos.
Im just saying i would like it because it could be very useful

• 25 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,908 posts

Yup, great idea. We might start out just showing games with similar tags, and expand from there.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,616 posts

Yea it will be useful but my opinion is a bit irrelevant if cormyn has already agreed. . .

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,562 posts

Disagreeing helps with figuring out what to do! If we agreed 100% with the developers, they could do whatever they wanted without any sort of feedback. Ain't that right, Ian?

cormyn
cormyn
2,908 posts

Yup.

Although I'll add a few more words so I don't get tagged as a spammer ;o)

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,761 posts

There aren't enough games for this to be necessary, methink.

cormyn
cormyn
2,908 posts

A "similar games" feature would have to be manually managed, which would be pretty overwhelming given the number of games we have.

Joe96
Joe96
2,252 posts

That's a cool idea, and would be a nice feature for people who want to find games easier.
Maybe like a mini tab on the side which would have a scroll bar for games that were the closest related. On a type of voting system, where people recommend games closely related, perhaps?

Holden012
Holden012
2,007 posts

There aren't enough games for this to be necessary, methink.

There's over 5k Games ... I think there should be enough?
IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,345 posts

Yeah. There are tons, but we don't have very good access to a lot of them. I mean, we can get to them easily enough, but it just takes a lot of clicking.

Maybe we could have a page with the least played games that are good.
Some of them aren't played because no one likes them, but some actually are worth playing.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,562 posts

Bah. The game developers just need to tag their games better. We can compare X and Y's tags to see if they are similar in gameplay to each other and set up a similar games category somewhere. Obviously if two games are quick, TD, and zombie, then they are similar games, therefore games that the user may want to play.

That reminds me. Zombie TD. Totally.

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
242 posts

I think this is a great idea because you can find out games which you haven't played yet

cormyn
cormyn
2,908 posts

Well, if you like a developer's game, you can always click on the "more games by this person" link and see a list of other games they've made.

We need to look at algorithms of comparing games to be "similar".

For starters (AG3 beta/launch), we'll use our tag system, then we might look at "People who played this game played these games too", and then maybe look at letting users pick which game(s) they think are similar and have a list like "users think these games are similar".

v6y
v6y
1,196 posts

HAPPY HALLOWEEN evryone
@ cornym thats a great idea.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,562 posts

Sorry if this seems necro-y, but doing so would be a nice idea since there were 3 dup'd threads on this.

Maybe an update right before launch would be nice, since we can be taught how this thing works?

If you're still looking for an "algorithm", I still stand by my idea of just pairing games together by tags, have the team tag the game properly after testing the game's functioning, and then make the system resourceful by showing all games under that tag that pairs with the game you're playing. I think that would make a nice system, for the time being.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
316 posts

ok

Disagreeing helps with figuring out what to do! If we agreed 100% with the developers, they could do whatever they wanted without any sort of feedback. Ain't that right, Ian?

then i disagree!!!!!! lol jk.i know i repeated pazx! but i had the idea as so as you said that!

uh it all sounds nice, but i think you should be able to close the similar games bar if you want. it might slow done people computers! i already have notcied that some banned ads make the computer slow so i have to scroll up or down so it is not on the sceern. adding a similer game thing will slow it all way down! or you could make it realy low on the screen like next to the comment and review spot, but that might seem cludered.
Showing 1-15 of 25