Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Similar Games

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 22, '10 at 10:16pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

Banner ads may slow your computer down because they are gif animated images.

Gif images are not nearly as resource heavy as flash ads.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but it would be nice if you could "subscribe" to developers you like so you know the instant they release the game on AG.

Posted Nov 22, '10 at 10:58pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

314 posts

uhm i see ok that is what i thought it just seemed confusing.

don't know if this has been mentioned already but it would be nice if you could "subscribe" to developers you like so you know the instant they release the game on AG.

sounds like a good thread to make to me. just that it sounds a little to off topic. but good idea, did ya look at the master list (i know it is out dated) for it?

Posted Nov 23, '10 at 1:20pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,099 posts

Gif images are not nearly as resource heavy as flash ads.

True, but then again... if a homepage would have 8 gaming categories and one overall suggestions section, all with (say at least) 9 Gif-animated thumbnails, you'd have up to 81 active Gif-animated thumbnails lagging the website! So that counts for something I say... unless it's like 'Gif = 50kb' and 'ADD = 1MB', then... I'm looking rather stupid here! *runs and hides behind the curtains*

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but it would be nice if you could "subscribe" to developers you like so you know the instant they release the game on AG.

Probably yes Darkroot! I've seen a section mentioning something about game developers somwhere in the profile settings in the AG3 beta site, but I'm not sure if it was a separate section for game developers, or one about game developers... I'd have to take a second look there... =/

Posted Nov 23, '10 at 2:32pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Getting way off topic, folks.

Posted Nov 23, '10 at 2:38pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,117 posts

In conclusion from what has been said, the similar games that may show up, whether it's an algorithm that the team comes up with, or just from the tags that all the games are given, won't really affect your computer's performance, since they are just images. There shouldn't be much to worry about.

How is the team....is it going to be an algorithm, or just tags that name a game similar to another? Algorithms are too complex for little me lol

Posted Nov 23, '10 at 5:25pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Freak, their comments about images were straying off into ads, not so much about finding similar games.

Similar games, for starters, will be tag based. We've already covered this. Once we have a baseline of what people are playing on AG3, we'll have enough stats to say "people that played THIS game, tended to play THIS one next" or "people that played this game, also played THESE games"