ForumsNews and FeedbackForum interface upgrades?

6 3844
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Will there be any upgrades to our forum interface to something with more features like phpBB 3.0? I am primarily hoping for a &quotreview post" function and multilanguage support.

• 6 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

The forum software for AG3 will be entirely different and support all of the usual features you'd expect from a bulletin board but the specifics haven't been mentioned yet.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Im hoping for a feature that lets you know if a post has been made while you were posting. You know get rid of ninjas.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I slightly hate the preview button.

Unless I am making a new topic that may be copy pasted. I know if my image or bold is right.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We could consider a preview button, as well as a "5 minute window" to go back and edit after you post. I'm hesitant to implement phpBB (though we ARE considering a third-party tool) because it's a common target for hackers/spammers.

I don't know that we'd enable too much in the way of multi-language support because moderating would become several times more difficult for us.

The forum software for AG3 will ... support all of the usual features you'd expect from a bulletin board

Uh, maybe not ALL of the usual features. It depends on what we build or implement.

A "new post while you were posting" ... that's more difficult to do because your browser would have to keep pinging the server asking if there were any updates since you started writing your post. That's not likely to be something we'll implement.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

@CommanderDude7 That sounds like a dynamic forum. Where the post would appear without having to reload the pages.

multilanguage support.

This is an English speaking site so I don't know why we would need to support languages.

Maybe the blog and news could be more prominent and actually updated regularly
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

@CommanderDude7 That sounds like a dynamic forum. Where the post would appear without having to reload the pages.

A site I frequent has it in their forum. Also has a "see new replies to old posts" feature. Its third party though so I dont think AG will use it. Its called simple machine forums if you wanted to know.
Showing 1-6 of 6