ForumsNews and FeedbackUnderline option

14 4765
tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

To put an underline option by the bold, italic, link, ect. Also, if you underline a certain part of text under "underline" twice, it will be double underlined.

• 14 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Simple.

I like it.

psnz
psnz
130 posts
Peasant

It would be nice if strikethrough works on AG3, too.

Sometimes it's [s]nice[/s] useful to show some of your previous thinking.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yes, I like the idea too. James and I have been looking at a BBcode filter in the framework we're using to build AG3, and trying to make sure we can remove or customize certain BBcode tags to do what we want.

Alternately, we might change to an editor like TinyMCE and obsolete the BBcode support.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Alternately, we might change to an editor like TinyMCE and obsolete the BBcode support.

I personally like the BB code better. And for the Link button, you should have it write [url] instead of [url=Link goes here.]
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, we might actually have to support both BBcode and TinyMCE. It's still up for debate, and we might have to get a user poll running.

Personally, I like TinyMCE because it can capture several common keystrokes like CTRL-B for bold, etc., without having to move your mouse to click a button after highlighting some text.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

hmm sounds nice to me (tinyMCE that is) although i like bb too. but i would be nice if you could ad the abilaty to use all of unicode, say like alt code, where you turn on the number lock press alt and hit in a could to make speaciel unicode signs, Ï â¿Ã]ûâ-â«Â£â- Ï$xææâ"A£â- ml_¬â"¼Ã¯â- â©â"â¦â â÷â·° like that if any of it worked i see it right now but i usaly does not go though...

psnz
psnz
130 posts
Peasant

but i would be nice if you could ad the abilaty to use all of unicode, say like alt code

I have to agree. I regularly use a number of special characters including en and em dashes, plus accents. On the odd occasion when I try them here, the result is a mess.
Rosemary16
Rosemary16
151 posts
Peasant

I think that admins should have the abbillity to color their text blue or red instead of just green.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We'll maintain our current color scheme, as far as I know.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

While this doesn't sound like a bad idea, AG already have bold and italic to emphasize words. I don't see why not to add it in but it doesn't seem overly useful.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I think it would be a good idea to have more bb code options. As far as I know, there are a lot more things you can program into bb code than armorgames is currently taking advantage of. Some of the more notable features include changing colors, underlining, different fonts, etc.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I'd like to underline some words in my posts, sometimes. It gets the point across better if you see some words underlined.

I recently looked through the help page and found this page.
It shows the underline one there.

Testing.

changing colors

I don't like that idea, a lot of different colors on the forums could get quite annoying and sometimes they can confuse users with Administrators/Moderators of the site. I'd rather have the color option how it is now, black for users, navy for Moderators, and green for Administrators.
different fonts

Kongregate has this one, where you can increase and decrease your font size. If that's added then it could be good when you want to label things within your posts.
Example:
(increased font) Rules:
(normal font) blah blah blah
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

further discussion needs to go in the forum thread.

Showing 1-13 of 14