Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Art section

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 9:52pm

loloynage2

loloynage2

3,106 posts

Makes a other section from all the games where people can post vids (appropriate), picture/drawings, beginner games/test games and all that stuff you people call "art" and put all this in one section, like...well a bit like newgrounds if u say so

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 9:59pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,774 posts

The question is will the AG3 forums be able to support videos?

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 10:12pm

loloynage2

loloynage2

3,106 posts

well...it should :) nothing is impossible. I just hope it will

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 10:22pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

I don't know if Dan is intending on making AG a flash portal. Best wait for an answer.

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 10:27pm

kacboy

kacboy

1,032 posts

I really don't want a flash portal. Just games submitted.

Posted Oct 7, '10 at 10:58pm

Holden012

Holden012

1,964 posts

I want a YouTube embed thing supported ... That would be cool.

Posted Oct 8, '10 at 1:13am

Google567

Google567

3,678 posts

Kongregate has that too. A lot of sites have video embedding in comments, like ArcadeBoss, the place Ernie has escaped to. There should be an area where you can test new games that are being worked on by users.

Posted Oct 8, '10 at 1:33am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,206 posts

I have limited internet, so I'm going to partially disagree. If you want to post something with video content, just simply post the link and have the users click it. If the team decides to imbed videos in the threads, then I'm going to have to implore them to make it defaulted on pause. Otherwise, I'm going back to flashblock, which will cut off some funds to the team. I dunt wanna be an antagonist X(

Posted Oct 8, '10 at 3:47pm

loloynage2

loloynage2

3,106 posts

ugh i'm not talking about the youtube embed (but its a good idea). I am thinking about, like on kong, non-professional programmers can submit their game so people like test it out. And AP (or maybe "Art points") should be given to people that submit those kinds of stuff.

Posted Oct 8, '10 at 6:03pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

I am not savvy on forum programming, but wouldn't posting a lot of videos to the site bog it down if it is not equipped already to handle something like that?