ForumsNews and FeedbackArt section

26 6686
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Makes a other section from all the games where people can post vids (appropriate), picture/drawings, beginner games/test games and all that stuff you people call "art" and put all this in one section, like...well a bit like newgrounds if u say so

• 26 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

The question is will the AG3 forums be able to support videos?

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

well...it should nothing is impossible. I just hope it will

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I don't know if Dan is intending on making AG a flash portal. Best wait for an answer.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

I really don't want a flash portal. Just games submitted.

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I want a YouTube embed thing supported ... That would be cool.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Kongregate has that too. A lot of sites have video embedding in comments, like ArcadeBoss, the place Ernie has escaped to. There should be an area where you can test new games that are being worked on by users.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I have limited internet, so I'm going to partially disagree. If you want to post something with video content, just simply post the link and have the users click it. If the team decides to imbed videos in the threads, then I'm going to have to implore them to make it defaulted on pause. Otherwise, I'm going back to flashblock, which will cut off some funds to the team. I dunt wanna be an antagonist X(

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

ugh i'm not talking about the youtube embed (but its a good idea). I am thinking about, like on kong, non-professional programmers can submit their game so people like test it out. And AP (or maybe "Art points&quot should be given to people that submit those kinds of stuff.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I am not savvy on forum programming, but wouldn't posting a lot of videos to the site bog it down if it is not equipped already to handle something like that?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

well maybe we could do something like a BBcode hack like a [youtube] tag or something ... it wouldn't bog us down.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Does your brain hurt Ian? It has to with all that programming knowledge.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

His brain is filled with code...and because it's code-ian, like codine...it doesn't hurt him?

Hmm, that was lame.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

well maybe we could do something like a BBcode hack like a [youtube] tag or something ... it wouldn't bog us down.

So we would have YouTube players in the forum posts? Cool...
There's absolutely no chance AG will ever be allowed to upload videos, right? Makes sense.

Hmm, that was lame.

... Ya
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

and a spelling error. codeine ... ;o)

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

... Ya

and a spelling error. codeine ... ;o)

I tried...

@Ulimited: I don't think that a video upload feature would be added, as it isn't really needed - and would take up much needed space on the servers, which would slow the site down.
Showing 1-15 of 26