ForumsNews and Feedback"back" button

9 3928
tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

I have sometimes picked my whole reply I have almost finished so that I can move to another page on the thread, and I accidentally press a random button, and my whole reply is erased. I think a "back" (and "forward&quot button would be great, kind of like in Word or any other word prossesor.

• 9 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Wut? So you have problems with clicking buttons while having a nice reply in your submit box?

Say this thread has 11 replies and therefore has 2 pages. What I can do is RIGHT-CLICK to page one, quote your OP, and go back to the first tab to paste it. This way, you save your reply, it's fast traveling, and there's no extra fuss with the developers.

If there's a page or a thread you wanna backtrack to, simply right-click the page number or forum name. If you don't know what I'm talking about for the second point, if you look above your thread title, you will see: Community ------> Armor Games v3. Making a new tab on that link will bring up all the threads you can quote while still having your post, in case you wanna bring up a point from another thread. I do this all the time in the WEPR and the S&S forums.

I can make it clearer if you want. If so, it will involve pics

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I'm guessing you mean an undo or edit button.
What I hate is when your on forum posts or comments and your writing a long review or something and you lose it cause someone posted at the sametime as you.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Frankenstein, I have a problem is that those letter are instead of all the long reply I wrote. Yes, I'm referring to an undo button.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Depends on your browser as well ... Google Chrome should remember what you type in the reply box if you accidentally click another link and press the browser Back button.

But the suggestion of keeping the reply text persistent as you move to a new forum page is something we're already looking at.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure how that could be programmed.
or maybe there's a draft folder in your control panel to access drafts that haven't posted.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

why can't you just press the back button on your browser?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

IceClaw247, not every browser saves what you've typed when you accidentally navigate to some other page and hit your Back button.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Assuming most people use FireFox, FF does not save your info written when not hitting a button. You have extra add-ons for it, sure, but in general, FF doesn't do this.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I copy small posts and comments before submitting them, in case of an error occuring!

But when you are intending to write a longer post/comment, say a game review, why not use the NotePad and then copy+paste it into the box and submit it?
This is the most secure option to use if you ask me and it never failed me before...

Showing 1-9 of 9