ForumsPopular MediaWho listen System of A Down???

16 5715
StrategyGamble
StrategyGamble
129 posts
Nomad

here they arehttp://metal.rock.punk.free.fr/Metal/System%20Of%20A%20Down/wall%20soad.jpg

• 16 Replies
Mammon
Mammon
63 posts
Nomad

I greatly despise punk/metal rock, so I have never listened to them, sorry. Interesting name they hold, though.

Grimlok
Grimlok
154 posts
Nomad

Why do you despise it so? And no, I don't really listen to System of A Down, they're too soft for my tastes.

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

they are pretty good.

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

I love system of a down. My favorite song by them is needles. Serj Tankian is so kool

JWE
JWE
112 posts
Nomad

They're not real metal.

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

System of a Down is really cool. My favorite songs are B.Y.O.B. and Aerials.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

SOAD has some good songs (BYOB is pretty good) but their songs are too similar for my tastes. They all sound like "Hey, we're going to play as FAST AND LOUD AS POSSIBLE WHILE I YELL INTO THE MIKE" or they go the opposite end of the spectrum and play like "dude... quaaludes".

Mammon
Mammon
63 posts
Nomad

Well, kanethebrain describes my feelings in a way. I do not consider metal to even be music. It takes no vocal talent whatsoever to just scream out random words, acting like you have some great talent as a band. However, at least there is some sort of instruments being played in the background, so in that way it is a slight bit better than rap, but either way I still despise both of those styles of music. Just my opinion.

JWE
JWE
112 posts
Nomad

Mammon your an ignorant fool.

Ever heard of Iron Maiden, Metallica, Nightwish, The Sword and Dragonforce? Those are all metal bands that don't scream.

Graeme151
Graeme151
113 posts
Nomad

Anyone who says all metal bands scream is an idiot. No offence, but you've obviously listened to one or two basns and thought 'My god, this is soooo shit.' Like JWE said, not all metal bands scream.
Anyway, back on topic, I like SOAD. Fave songs... idk really.

Mammon
Mammon
63 posts
Nomad

Metallica may not scream, but that singer's voice is so harsh and crude it is just as annoying as if he was screaming. I did not mean to sound disrespectful by 'dissing' the bands you fellows like, I just do not enjoy that style of music, period.

Graeme151
Graeme151
113 posts
Nomad

I take your point about Metallica, and, IMO, you can like whatever type of music you like. But for me, Metal and rock are the only ones.

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

metal bands don't sream all the time look at kittie and besides they don't screm random word if you would actully listen mammon.

Mammon
Mammon
63 posts
Nomad

That is the thing, I cannot understand what many of those bands are singing. I will apologize for stating that all metal bands scream, but I have heard too much of that screamo stuff from my cousin - it is all he listens to.

Graeme151
Graeme151
113 posts
Nomad

No need to apologize, we're all aloud to have opinions.

Showing 1-15 of 16