Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Posted Oct 9, '10 at 5:59pm

shayneii

shayneii

2,436 posts

I have a few minor features that might be a little useful for 3.0.

1. New posts queue: A link at the top of the forum, which would show unread posts/newest posts, all in one list.  This would be much easier than combing through all the different forums if you check the community section frequently.

2. Mark as Read: related to #1, the ability to mark posts as unread (by reading them) or mark a forum/all forums as read.  Unread topics could be in bold which would make it easier for us to see which topics have been updated since we last checked.

3. Notifications system: This would be helpful for us if people comment, you get a merit, etc. for example:

shayneii posted a comment on your profile
You have received a merit for your comment on [game]

or maybe even...

Your comment on [game] was deleted, reason [insert]

though I see how there could be problems with that.

4. Social groups:  I see how this would be more like social networking but it could be a possibility.

Just a few suggestions ;)

Posted Oct 9, '10 at 6:06pm

Holden012

Holden012

1,964 posts

Yes , these are great suggestions.

Hope these become the features of AG v3!

Posted Oct 9, '10 at 6:07pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,774 posts

3. Notifications system: This would be helpful for us if people comment, you get a merit, etc. for example:

shayneii posted a comment on your profile
You have received a merit for your comment on [game]

This is already here except you have to check your email for it.

4. Social groups:

You mean like fan pages or groups?

Posted Oct 9, '10 at 6:13pm

shayneii

shayneii

2,436 posts

This is already here except you have to check your email for it.

I mean on the website.

You mean like fan pages or groups?

Kind of a hybrid I guess.  But called groups, and they could have like a page like a user's where people could post, it would also show who is part of the group, etc.  Probably there should not be AP awarded for groups and commenting on group pages, since it would most likely get out of control if that was the case.

Posted Oct 9, '10 at 6:19pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,774 posts

Kind of a hybrid I guess.  But called groups, and they could have like a page like a user's where people could post, it would also show who is part of the group, etc.  Probably there should not be AP awarded for groups and commenting on group pages, since it would most likely get out of control if that was the case.

So yeah, a group. Or a club. I think that would be a nice idea so that people could support a cause or join some weird club.
Maybe a suggestion to that would that the creator(s) of the group could only allow certain people to the group so that it could be exclusive. :)

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 1:29am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

I agree with all your suggestions Shayne. Great ideas.

Maybe a suggestion to that would that the creator(s) of the group could only allow certain people to the group so that it could be exclusive. :)

Yes. I also think we should be allowed to join multiple groups and not be restricted to a single one.

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 1:35am

Pazx

Pazx

4,494 posts

I know alot of people have Xat groups with friends from AG, so maybe instead of a no-AP posting area for these groups they could have a chatroom.

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 1:37am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

Cormyn did state that live chat will not be implemented into AG3.

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 3:15am

Pazx

Pazx

4,494 posts

I haven't really checked that stuff >_> I've been back, what, a day?

:p

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 9:38am

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

Instead of putting the live chat on AGv3 why not just give users the ability to give links to their XAT or whatever chat they use in the list under the username i.e.

Blargon

is a 23 year old Male and is ranked #639,544 out of 639,544 users

AIM: Insert statement.
    MSN: Insert statement.
    Wii: Wii Wii Wii WIii
    SteamID: Argh!
    Chat: Xat, Xfire, Etc.

Reply to New posts queue and a few minor features

You must be logged in to post a reply!