ForumsNews and FeedbackNew posts queue and a few minor features

13 4585
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I have a few minor features that might be a little useful for 3.0.

1. New posts queue: A link at the top of the forum, which would show unread posts/newest posts, all in one list. This would be much easier than combing through all the different forums if you check the community section frequently.

2. Mark as Read: related to #1, the ability to mark posts as unread (by reading them) or mark a forum/all forums as read. Unread topics could be in bold which would make it easier for us to see which topics have been updated since we last checked.

3. Notifications system: This would be helpful for us if people comment, you get a merit, etc. for example:

shayneii posted a comment on your profile
You have received a merit for your comment on [game]

or maybe even...

Your comment on [game] was deleted, reason [insert]

though I see how there could be problems with that.

4. Social groups: I see how this would be more like social networking but it could be a possibility.

Just a few suggestions

• 13 Replies
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Yes , these are great suggestions.

Hope these become the features of AG v3!

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

3. Notifications system: This would be helpful for us if people comment, you get a merit, etc. for example:

shayneii posted a comment on your profile
You have received a merit for your comment on [game]

This is already here except you have to check your email for it.
4. Social groups:

You mean like fan pages or groups?
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

This is already here except you have to check your email for it.

I mean on the website.

You mean like fan pages or groups?

Kind of a hybrid I guess. But called groups, and they could have like a page like a user's where people could post, it would also show who is part of the group, etc. Probably there should not be AP awarded for groups and commenting on group pages, since it would most likely get out of control if that was the case.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Kind of a hybrid I guess. But called groups, and they could have like a page like a user's where people could post, it would also show who is part of the group, etc. Probably there should not be AP awarded for groups and commenting on group pages, since it would most likely get out of control if that was the case.

So yeah, a group. Or a club. I think that would be a nice idea so that people could support a cause or join some weird club.
Maybe a suggestion to that would that the creator(s) of the group could only allow certain people to the group so that it could be exclusive.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I agree with all your suggestions Shayne. Great ideas.

Maybe a suggestion to that would that the creator(s) of the group could only allow certain people to the group so that it could be exclusive.

Yes. I also think we should be allowed to join multiple groups and not be restricted to a single one.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I know alot of people have Xat groups with friends from AG, so maybe instead of a no-AP posting area for these groups they could have a chatroom.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Cormyn did state that live chat will not be implemented into AG3.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I haven't really checked that stuff >_> I've been back, what, a day?

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Instead of putting the live chat on AGv3 why not just give users the ability to give links to their XAT or whatever chat they use in the list under the username i.e.

Blargon

is a 23 year old Male and is ranked #639,544 out of 639,544 users

AIM: Insert statement.
MSN: Insert statement.
Wii: Wii Wii Wii WIii
SteamID: Argh!
Chat: Xat, Xfire, Etc.

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

i like that format of it Kyouzou very good.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I don't think the fields should be there by default.. Or at least there should be some way of excluding certain fields from display.. If all of 'em were there there'd be a lot of fields. AIM, ICQ, MSN, PS3, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Xfire, SteamID, Xbox Live, IRC, Skype, Xat...

Yeeahh..

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Or maybe there could just be little logos on your profile on whatever info you have, and when you click on it it goes to your Facebook page, Twitter page, etc.

for MSN and Gmail and such a pop-up could open when you click on it which would tell you the email address. Would probably make the profile look less cluttered as well.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Users will have access to show or hide whichever details you choose.

Per the original post:

New posts queue: A link at the top of the forum, which would show unread posts/newest posts, all in one list.

We've covered this.

Mark as Read: related to #1, the ability to mark posts as unread (by reading them) or mark a forum/all forums as read.

This is a common forum feature that we'd probably look at implementing only if we want to show people which topics have been updated since the last time you were at the forums.

Notifications system: This would be helpful for us if people comment, you get a merit, etc. for example:

This stuff has been covered already

Social groups

Already covered.
Showing 1-13 of 13