ForumsNews and Feedbackstatistics

30 9030
johnmchall
johnmchall
78 posts
Nomad

i say in AG3, their should be a statistics button on games, in which you can see top 10 or top 5 players, who aren't anonymous, your rankings, number of times played daily and overall, the games ranking in it's category and ranking on the site.

• 30 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I kept data during the month of June. I ceased because of laziness, time constraints and forgetfulness.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I kept data during the month of June. I ceased because of laziness, time constraints and forgetfulness.

Basically, it would also be interesting if new users were asked why they joining (poll format) with a pie chart keeping track of the answers.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

A site poll would be interesting. Should go out to plenty of visitors.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I feel like that would be more useful in the news feed or in the forums themselves like the old feature.

I agree those would be more appropriate places. I wasn't really considering where the information would be viewed, but just tossing it out there as a suggestion for the webdevs to code for when doing the other stat tracking, if they decide to do such a thing.

Basically, it would also be interesting if new users were asked why they joining (poll format) with a pie chart keeping track of the answers.

That would also be good, and perhaps some minimalistic advertising could begin as well to draw fresh members, and part of that could include 'how did you hear about AG' or something like that, not only to see how people are learning about us, but it is great in showing the effectiveness of any advertising used.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We'll have various stats to show you when you log in, and stats about your friends. I'm not sure about overall web stats like number of active users, number of new users yesterday, things like that. I'll talk to Larry on Monday about it.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I remember when these forums passed the million post mark.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I'd say stat tracking like:
-Amount of time spent playing all games total
-Amount of time spent on the forums
-Most played game (Calculated by time spent playing)
-How many unique games you've played (as in how many different games you've played. So playing one game over and over would not add to the stat)
-How many games you've played in each genre
-Favorite genre of game (Based on either the amount of time you've spent one genre or how many unique games you've played in that genre)

A simple way to calculate the amount of time spent playing games would be to just calculate how long the url of the game is open in the browser window. This would easily expoilted but also easily implimented. Same thing with unique games played. Just calculated by the url.

You probably couldn't hand out any sort of points for the stats because they are eaily exploitable. But you could at least keep track of them. Or whereever in the profile the stats would be listed could change color from like black to bronze to silver after so many unique plays etc. Maybe some sort of name given by the stat like gamer newbie, game addict, etc. as you play more games.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I remember when these forums passed the million post mark.

Good times, good times.

Statistics would be nice for AG, I would like to see my stats.
MartinMaldonado
MartinMaldonado
10 posts
Nomad

I want statistics too and ranks/names from the stats too.

Maybe some sort of name given by the stat like gamer newbie, game addict, etc. as you play more games.

forro34
forro34
486 posts
Nomad

I'm supporting that idea... You could also make statistics like: total time spent on armorgames, favorite genre of forum topic, etc...

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, some stats are easier than others. "Total time on AG" might be hard, because if we see you being active in the morning, then you go to school and come back to the same open browser when you get home from school, we don't want to think you were there all day.

forro34
forro34
486 posts
Nomad

You could make a "total time ACTIVE on armorgames" statistic. For instance, when you don't move the cursor or don't scroll or something your time stops.

Razerules
Razerules
4,049 posts
Nomad

I support forros idea.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

It's not as easy as it sounds, and probably won't be something we add, at least for launch.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I am supporting some rather basic forum statistics. Average user post count, thread most posted in, forum most posted in, etc. I'll think of more later.

Showing 16-30 of 30