ForumsNews and FeedbackMedals system

9 3218
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

idk if that idea was already proposed, but, well w/e...My idea! >.>

I thought about putting a "medal" system. Something that says "You got in the top 25% of this game" And shows a little silver crown on the side. Maybe it could be related with AP or something else, idk about that.

Thoughts?

• 9 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I think this could be too easily hacked, we've all seen the nigh impossible posts on leaderboards.

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

i got a crown once i want to get AP for that i worked hard

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

I think this could be too easily hacked, we've all seen the nigh impossible posts on leaderboards.

yea, AG 3.0 should have a better hack shield

i got a crown once i want to get AP for that i worked hard

haha if i would of gotten AP for each crown i get i would be gold king by now
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

thought about putting a "medal" system. Something that says "You got in the top 25% of this game" And shows a little silver crown on the side.

I could have sworn this is in AGi......

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9070/thegreatmigrationtop10.jpg

Or are you saying have this affect your AP by giving a reward?
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Having a system based on high scores opens up a lot of opportunities for hacking. However the good news is that there will be some sort of achievements system on AG3..

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Honestly, there's not that many hackers in AG to pose a problem with certain highscore ideas. Besides, they are being monitored. Any scores that make eyebrows twitch can be deleted. If someday the scores affect the AP, that will go away as well.

Out of an "active" quarter-million users, only an estimated 10 are hackers at the most.

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

Well we can only hope.

Trumpetfury
Trumpetfury
615 posts
Nomad

yes, we can only hope...

oh, yea, topic, i think its a good idea, hate wen you get into some highscore category, and nothing happens, and you dont get recognition for it, except the few who see it and call you a hacker for beating them...

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

If someone inserts a hacked score in the scoreboards, and we delete it, it would re-adjust all of the other "top10/top25/etc" boards, if we were to implement them. That's just common sense.

As for getting AP/etc for a high score, it's something we're looking at but we haven't finished the discussion to share any other details with you folks yet.

Showing 1-9 of 9