ForumsNews and FeedbackAdding friends.

5 3166
deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

I was thinking about a notification on your page when somebody want's to add you like:
X request to add you as a friend. Do you accept?
And you can press yes or no but the person that wanted to add you wont know. Like that we will know that somebody wants to add and nobody can do it secretly. What do you think? I checked the masters list before making this thread to make sure that nobody already made a thread about this subject.

• 5 Replies
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

It's a good idea but I think it would be even better if you can add everyone but on your profile you can see also the people who have added you (someone called this the Followers List).

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

Like on twitter well I don't really like the word follower it make it sound that your important and the followers inferior. Friend list is just fine I think.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Actually if you have to approve requests to be friends, and it automatically adds the requester as your friend, then your friend's list WILL be the list of everyone who 'follows' you, or is your friend or however you want to put it.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Oh really? Never been on twitter.
I thought that guy had invented it.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already covered this. You'll be able to follow the actions of anyone on the site, but if you want to "friend" someone, you both must opt-in. We're also looking at a way to set up "groups" of friends to share some content as well.

Showing 1-5 of 5