Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Re-rating games

Posted Oct 12, '10 at 8:41pm

BlackVortex

BlackVortex

1,330 posts

Don't know if this has been asked/confirmed as I haven't been on the forums alot lately, but will we be able to re-rate games in AG3?
Of course gaining no extra AP or anything, just to change the rating if we click it wrong by accident, or give the wrong rating too soon.

Posted Oct 12, '10 at 8:52pm

shayneii

shayneii

2,436 posts

I'd like this feature.

I agree with you, no extra AP.  Sometimes once you get even farther into a game you start to like/dislike it even more.  I'd like to see this implemented :)

Posted Oct 12, '10 at 8:55pm

samy

samy

4,338 posts

Completely agree, perhaps though it should cause a loss of one of the AP points in order to deter people from re-rating the game twenty times.

It's a good idea though, I know I've mis-rated games way to many times.

Posted Oct 12, '10 at 9:23pm

shayneii

shayneii

2,436 posts

Completely agree, perhaps though it should cause a loss of one of the AP points in order to deter people from re-rating the game twenty times.

Losing AP makes sense, unless you do it within reason.

I think you should be able to re-rate at least 1 or 2 times.  But 3 or more changes is just excessive, and should probably constitute a penalty, as you said.

Posted Oct 12, '10 at 9:40pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

Possibly there's a code (I'm no expert on website design, so I really don't have too much to say) where you get AP as long as there is a rating for a game instead of getting AP when you initially rate it.

Posted Oct 12, '10 at 11:28pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

Maybe a confirm rating button? So you're absolutely sure before you finalize your rating.

Posted Oct 12, '10 at 11:35pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,191 posts

Why should constant re-rating be penalized? It isn't harmful to anyone. It's not even noticeable to anyone except the owner of the rating. When there are tens of thousands of ratings, one vote wouldn't really matter; it's just a push to the left or the right that isn't significant yet.

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 12:08am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

I have to agree with Frank. What's wrong with changing your rating? One's opinion of a game may change drastically.

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 1:34am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

The way I'm storing game ratings right now is robust enough to know you've already been given "karma" for the original rating, but I'd be cautious to let you re-rate something more than +/- only a few points, like +/- 2 points, and only let you re-rate one time. We'd hate for a game to start dropping from a 9.something average to a 2.something average because people got bored.

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 1:43am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

Hmm..  I didn't realize the blockheaded ways of some could disrupt rating.

Reply to Re-rating games

You must be logged in to post a reply!