ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

[old][AG3 feature] Friends, Followers

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 11:46am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

As mentioend previously, the guild/group idea will be worked on some time after AG3 launches.

Posted Oct 23, '10 at 11:27pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

I'm interested in how this will be set up actually...

1)Your friend, Knight_34, has updated their About page. To see it, click here: LINK

2) Your friend, Knight_34, has updated their About page.

3) Your friend, Knight_34, has updated their About page:

{link}"AG3 successfully launched! Totally stoked for this..."{/link}

Any comments on how this will work, Ian?

Posted Oct 24, '10 at 7:37pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

There's actually an Internet "standard" for how this stuff is done. It's on Larry's plate at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it would look like:

Your friend Freakenstein has achieved a new high score in In3structotank. Can you beat it?

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 10:05am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,773 posts

Your friend Freakenstein has achieved a new high score in In3structotank. Can you beat it?

Way to go Freakenstein! I'll try to beat that later... =P

This will look nicely and makes for good and quick navigation, excellent!
Let's hope Larry can 'devour' it well... ;)

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 10:08am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

Way to go Freakenstein! I'll try to beat that later

But I haven't played it yet :(

Sounds good! If there are guys with my favorite games with good highscores, it will motivate me a bit to try and beat it.

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 10:20am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,773 posts

But I haven't played it yet :(

ROFL That sad face did the trick... =P

Problem is probably all those glitches accurring on the games throughout the website... :(
I've made a comment about it in the S&S section sticky, hope they get it solved quickly! :)

Sounds good! If there are guys with my favorite games with good highscores, it will motivate me a bit to try and beat it.

More motivation = more gameplay!
And that is what we need on a gaming website! =)

That is.... if and when they repare the glitches! =P

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 12:25pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

I haven't played it yet :(

Slacker.

As I said, there's a forming Internet "standard" for how those kinds of things are written/formed/displayed/linked, etc., and Larry's working on it right now. It'll be pretty neat once we figure out all the nouns, verbs, actors, etc., that the documentation talks about.

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 2:02pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

Slacker.

Biology Major. Chemistry Minor. That is enough information right there :(

I dunno if the type of programming you guys are doing is the same as mine, but strings like this typically involve variables, where the variables can contain links to a specific area, so you would have something like "Your friend," + FRIEND2 + ", has achieved a new highscore in" + GAME1544 + ". Can you beat it?"

Totally java speak, but that's how they would do it. Sounds like a pretty interesting project though!

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 3:24pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Yes, it's similar to that, but we also have variables for "Your friend" and "has achieved" and "a new high score in" etc... all depending on the type of message we're building.

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 4:31pm

Zanto_zsnes

Zanto_zsnes

939 posts

I absolutely agree with the idea of Followers, and I love how I will be in control of almost everything around my future userpage on AG3. About the groups, they don't necessarily need to be called guilds, maybe just groups ; why called guilds? I mean, Guilds and groups aren't the same thing.
But I have one minor suggestion, what if we could comment on achievements other people get like..

(2)Comments:
Zanto_zsnes says:
Hey dude! nice work on that achievement! I'll see if I can beat you :)
cormyn says:
Way to go Freakenstein, you've done a good job there.

And so on..
What do you think? this suggestion goes with the general achievement suggestion.