ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

[old][AG3 feature] Friends, Followers

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 4:51pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

"Guilds" fits more with our medieval theme of the site.

And yes, users will be able to comment on achievements, shared game content, etc. That was the whole point of building the activity stream. :o)

Posted Oct 28, '10 at 2:15pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

Okay so It's been 3 or so days, and I've been looking at this thing. I'm a big fan of guilds, so I would like this feature to grow LOTS.

Based on the OP, guilds can:

--Be used for various flash game tournaments

--Share comment and profile feeds

--Share any updates with changes

And I guess we sort of established some sort of requirement with guild leaders like, they gotta gave a specific amount of reputation to found one. I also would like some clarification. As they are guild leaders, can they do things normal guild members can't, such as change the framework of the guild? What I'm going around is like posting ranks, updating the guild's About, accepting new members, yadda yadda.

Can they also be about...everything else? I love that we may have groups pertaining to games and such, but sooner or later, people may want to make a Kitty Klub.

What about overall guild ranks on account of membership, views, comments, profile streams, total reputation, total AP, and others?

Posted Oct 28, '10 at 3:15pm

deathopper

deathopper

835 posts

Can there also be a discussion groups? Like every week or so the OP could change the subjects and he can invite or delete a person or people. This could limite spam.
Their could also be the possibility to turn the discussion public so anyone can join but I'm getting a little of topic here.

Posted Oct 28, '10 at 3:19pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

If editing posts become part of AG3, I feel that there would be no need for this. The OP can update the first post and everyone else can adapt to the change in topics. I'm kinda looking forward to editing posts, since we can make better use of contests and surveys.

Posted Oct 28, '10 at 6:29pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Groups/Guilds are a ways off. Feel free to come up with ideas here, but I need to hold off on the idea until we get AG3 launched.

Posted Oct 29, '10 at 2:14pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,785 posts

I can understand completely why you guys would want to hold off on making it possible for users to start making "guilds"... it would mean a huge expansion on this website! 0_o
I mean, almost every user must have one or more ideas for a "guild" of his/her own, so the amount of those will surely pass the amount of users within a month! And that would have the servers' space stressed under that amount of data, right?! ;)

Posted Oct 29, '10 at 2:18pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

The amount of data would be negligible compared to what we use now for high scores and shared game data and such. :o) Or the size of the SWF files we deliver every day.

It has more to do with the fact that this is a post-launch idea, and will take some time to think about thoroughly, design, and implement.

Posted Oct 29, '10 at 2:50pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,785 posts

I'll let it rest then, but only after suggesting to you that in this matter, I think 'less is more'... with this I mean that a guild maybe should have the same layout as a user's profile, only with a little twist in some data, like "member since..." becoming "founded on..." and the addition of a link to the founder's profile... simple is super! ;)

That's all... on with the rest of the ideas and news flashes! YAY! =D

Posted Oct 30, '10 at 7:43pm

IcyIndia

IcyIndia

545 posts

To make sure that group leaders don't abuse their powers....

Maybe have a ranking system within the group? And let members rate others' comments, posts, messages, etc. Depending on their rank/ratings they'll move to different places within the group.

Posted Oct 31, '10 at 8:57am

LEGEND_beast

LEGEND_beast

1,347 posts

Maybe, statuses, or followers of okay too. But don't we already have friends.