ForumsNews and Feedback3-D flash games?

14 6897
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I don't know if they have a 3-D feature on flash games yet, but some 3-D software is becoming commercially available (one example is a new Roxio program which can convert standard video to 3-D). If programmers started making 3-D games for the site(Now all the big movies are in 3-D so why not flash games?), I think a 3-D games section would be cool.

• 14 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Wouldn't this be extremely difficult for developers?

And I don't think many people have 3D glasses lying around, let alone a 3D computer monitor. :P

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Are we talking "OOH LOOK OVER THERE! *points finger, making it huge and in-your-face*" 3-D, or are we talking about perspective 3-D where the game field can be experienced in spherical direction? The first is only if the game, site, and monitor is able to be configured to be 3-D compatible. The second is very much possible. In fact, there are many 3-D games that do this, though I haven't seen a fully-3-D flash game in AG yet.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Well it was just an idea. For now, they could make one regular version and a 3-D version for people with the glasses and a 3-D compatible screen.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

He is probably talking about movie 3-D.

And I don't think many people have 3D glasses lying around, let alone a 3D computer monitor. :P

Yeahhh hmmm $1500 for a monitor and $200 extra bucks for glasses (more expensive then my prescription glasses). I don't think developers are even going to consider 3-D flash games till it becomes as good and easy as 3Ds tech.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Yeahhh hmmm $1500 for a monitor and $200 extra bucks for glasses (more expensive then my prescription glasses). I don't think developers are even going to consider 3-D flash games till it becomes as good and easy as 3Ds tech

Some of the newer laptops/ monitors are 3-D ready. As for the glasses, yes they are expensive.
He is probably talking about movie 3-D

They have those too, but I meant flash games in 3-D.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Unless you're talking about typical anaglyph 3D, this idea has no feasibility. I haven't seen any flash games which utilize this 3D tech. What is the point of creating a category with no games under it? I personally wouldn't want to play with 3D at all. Seriously, who has the money to invest in such expense for a mere online browser game?

As for anaglyph red and cyan 3D, that stuff hurts my eyes. I wouldn't want to play flash games like that.

Anaglyph flash game

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

As for anaglyph red and cyan 3D, that stuff hurts my eyes. I wouldn't want to play flash games like that.

I hate those glasses, so agreed.
It would be very distracting/disturbing too, hitting all the keys, see every aspect of the game. 3D glasses are just kinda in the way.

But they don't need to be that expensive, you can actually make yourself with a very low budget, or so I remember. So...I don't know if this really works but here's a video.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Thx knight. I've never seen a 3-D flash game before.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

KFK, that works but I'd rather just buy a pair of anaglyph glasses for a few bucks. What is demonstrated is the creation of paper anaglyph glasses with filter paper. Cheap and affordable.

@Joe96

Me neither, but Google helped.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I don't know about that...

I think the main problem with this is that Flash doesn't have some sort of 3D function yet. It might never have one for the purpose of simplicity and computer power.

And if this is a Flash game site, then that probably means 'no'.

There's also a difference between flash files and video files. You can't simply put a game into a converter (If one exists for 3D) and get a 3D game. The 3D software you're thinking of i probably for photos and movies. Most likely they will require extra things, like taking cameras that allow 3D with their double lenses (At least, that's how I understood it went...)

Some of the newer laptops/ monitors are 3-D ready. As for the glasses, yes they are expensive.

Those things are super expensive also. It's a new thing, so they overprice it. And they haven't perfected it yet with mass production.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I believe Joe wasn't clear about what kind of 3D he meant. Anyhow, I've only seen one 3D flash game and it was in painful anaglyph. Why make a category when there are no games to put in it?

That should be the end.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Yes I think that we should wait to have a few games before making a section but about the glasses here in Italy many cinemas give you a pair of glasses for a small raise on the ticket price and you can use them every time you want.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I could see the day come very soon where we'll be shooting down zombies by having the option to either move the board around, like you can with on-line chess or zoom-in and do a 360-degree spin to see if a zombie's sneekin' up on 'ya.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I only meant if they had 3-D games...if they only had 1, then that could probably go in Miscellaneous for the meantime.

Showing 1-14 of 14