Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

3-D flash games?

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 10:08pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

I don't know if they have a 3-D feature on flash games yet, but some 3-D software is becoming commercially available (one example is a new Roxio program which can convert standard video to 3-D).  If programmers started making 3-D games for the site(Now all the big movies are in 3-D so why not flash games?), I think a 3-D games section would be cool.

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 10:09pm

shayneii

shayneii

2,436 posts

Wouldn't this be extremely difficult for developers?

And I don't think many people have 3D glasses lying around, let alone a 3D computer monitor. :P

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 10:14pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,148 posts

Are we talking "OOH LOOK OVER THERE! *points finger, making it huge and in-your-face*" 3-D, or are we talking about perspective 3-D where the game field can be experienced in spherical direction? The first is only if the game, site, and monitor is able to be configured to be 3-D compatible. The second is very much possible. In fact, there are many 3-D games that do this, though I haven't seen a fully-3-D flash game in AG yet.

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 10:15pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

Well it was just an idea.  For now, they could make one regular version and a 3-D version for people with the glasses and a 3-D compatible screen.

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 10:18pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

He is probably talking about movie 3-D.

And I don't think many people have 3D glasses lying around, let alone a 3D computer monitor. :P

Yeahhh hmmm $1500 for a monitor and $200 extra bucks for glasses (more expensive then my prescription glasses). I don't think developers are even going to consider 3-D flash games till it becomes as good and easy as 3Ds tech.

Posted Oct 13, '10 at 10:24pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

Yeahhh hmmm $1500 for a monitor and $200 extra bucks for glasses (more expensive then my prescription glasses). I don't think developers are even going to consider 3-D flash games till it becomes as good and easy as 3Ds tech

Some of the newer laptops/ monitors are 3-D ready.  As for the glasses, yes they are expensive. 

He is probably talking about movie 3-D

They have those too, but I meant flash games in 3-D.

Posted Oct 14, '10 at 7:55am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

Unless you're talking about typical anaglyph 3D, this idea has no feasibility. I haven't seen any flash games which utilize this 3D tech. What is the point of creating a category with no games under it? I personally wouldn't want to play with 3D at all. Seriously, who has the money to invest in such expense for a mere online browser game?

As for anaglyph red and cyan 3D, that stuff hurts my eyes. I wouldn't want to play flash games like that.

Anaglyph flash game

Posted Oct 14, '10 at 11:03am

KFK

KFK

969 posts

As for anaglyph red and cyan 3D, that stuff hurts my eyes. I wouldn't want to play flash games like that.

I hate those glasses, so agreed.
It would be very distracting/disturbing too, hitting all the keys, see every aspect of the game. 3D glasses are just kinda in the way.

But they don't need to be that expensive, you can actually make yourself with a very low budget, or so I remember. So...I don't know if this really works but here's a video.

Posted Oct 14, '10 at 5:42pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

Thx knight.  I've never seen a 3-D flash game before.

Posted Oct 14, '10 at 11:05pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

KFK, that works but I'd rather just buy a pair of anaglyph glasses for a few bucks. What is demonstrated is the creation of paper anaglyph glasses with filter paper. Cheap and affordable.

@Joe96

Me neither, but Google helped. :D

Reply to 3-D flash games?

You must be logged in to post a reply!