ForumsNews and FeedbackLive timers

4 3005
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Whenever I leave a comment on a game and it says I have to wait 30 seconds before commenting again, I have to refresh before it says I can comment again. On forums, to see the current activity, I have to manually refresh the page. I was just wondering if AG3 will change this or not.

• 4 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Live updates while you read the forums is something we've already discussed, and will depend on the type of forum system we build or implement.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I don't see why we need asynchronous transmission for the forums. Sure it would be "nice", but we're all perfectly fine with normal forum browsing aren't we? Most bulletin boards are like that..

My question is will such a system be resource intensive? Bandwidth hogging?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I'm not much of a progamm whizz, but logic dictates that every extra feature/action will 'cost' speed, but then again... I'm not a programm whizz! =P

I feel very comfortable with the current way of surfing the forum, no extreme problems or annoyances to be honest! A small hint from me might be to increase the number of topics shown on the first page and maybe have the locked thread removed to a different section or the second page? That would make for a better overall view of what's in the forum...

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Some forums have a graveyard forum for all the old locked threads past their lifespans.

I'm used to refreshing forum pages. I want smooth and fast browsing. If such a system will lag things down, I am against it.

Showing 1-4 of 4