Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Mobile Forum Site

Posted Oct 15, '10 at 5:05pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

The only reason I have persisted on AG for two years is because of the forums.

Posted Oct 15, '10 at 5:24pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

(I can't wait until my phone plan expires and I can get an Android...)

My dad works at motorola, so I'd have to say get one of the Droids (link)http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN … ID-2-US-EN

Posted Oct 15, '10 at 5:25pm

wajor59

wajor59

904 posts

Agreed, Knight, Holt, Frank and others that the forums keep me more active, otherwise I wouldn't log on just to play games.

Posted Oct 15, '10 at 5:35pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

First we need to figure out whether we're migrating the current forums to AG3 or not... or whether we'll even need forums in AG3.

I'd just like to my two cents in here: Yes, we'll need forums. AG's just a gaming site without them.

Posted Oct 15, '10 at 5:49pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Yes, we'll have some sort of forum. We just don't know if we're starting over or whether whatever forum engine we build/implement can import the old forums, etc.

I *do* see a lot of features coming up in AG3 that may make the forums less active, but I imagine we'll still have *some* sort of forum area.

Posted Oct 15, '10 at 6:24pm

samy

samy

4,338 posts

My dad works at motorola, so I'd have to say get one of the Droids

That's something you really would not want to do, the custom overlay is garbage; if you can get an HTC phone.

I *do* see a lot of features coming up in AG3 that may make the forums less active, but I imagine we'll still have *some* sort of forum area.

I doubt it, for most of us are already active on an actual social networking site meaning that we don't really need AG to make up for that although it will improve it. New users may not come to the forums so much but the legacy's will.

Posted Oct 15, '10 at 6:29pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

Unlikely. The vast majority of us on here right now only care about the forums, as it stands. We want improvements, yes, to the interface of the various pages and some networking, but what makes this site golden is the forums. Ever seen Kong's forums? Or Newground's? To be honest, they suck. If we lost the forums, I'd doubt many of us would come around any more. I wouldn't.

Then I would an hero. WANT MY BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS?! /hyperbole joke

Posted Oct 15, '10 at 9:26pm

ABarOfSoap

ABarOfSoap

216 posts

Mobile forums? Yes please.

I'm a member of the CountingTime chatroom, and visit frequently. However, something happened to my IE, and I can't enable cookies, and thus cannot log onto AG. I've resorted to using my iPod for now. Mobile forums would be great, and I think would make users on AG more active.

I've resorted to using my iPod for now.

Posted Oct 15, '10 at 9:47pm

shayneii

shayneii

2,436 posts

First we need to figure out whether we're migrating the current forums to AG3 or not... or whether we'll even need forums in AG3.

OMG cormyn... seriously? :/

The only reason I have persisted on AG for two years is because of the forums.

This.  The community is awesome.

Posted Oct 15, '10 at 10:16pm

bluedevil

bluedevil

410 posts

I would like a mobile forum, but it is not a priority..... It should be released after the beta is finished.

Reply to Mobile Forum Site

You must be logged in to post a reply!