ForumsNews and FeedbackMobile Forum Site

29 7672
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I understand this isn't a huge concern but I was curious if there are any plans to make a mobile version of the forums? Myself I've found the forums to be workable but not great and my phone is better than most which leads me to wonder how others on less quality devices are faring.

Also along the same lines what's the chance of being able to access my profile or the AG blog in mobile format?

• 29 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

My phone stinks, so I have no chance of using that potebtial feature anyway :P

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Very weird! I was talking to Nemo about this two days ago. I'd LOVE to have a mobile forum to view on my iPhone.

However, I might be here too much, then.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Isn't that a good thing?

I dont' have a phone that could do this, since my plan doesn't involve mobile internet at all, but I'm sure others may want this.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I think I suggested this a while ago. :P

Anyways I would love this feature. But if AG does this I think there should be a graphical site for smartphones like the iPhone, Blackberry, and Android.

BUT PLEASE, a dumbphone one, if you implement this. By this I mean just a plain text version. That would be sooooo awesome. (I can't wait until my phone plan expires and I can get an Android...)

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I'm glued to desktop computing, so I really don't have any current use for a mobile forum site. I know others would love this though, so I'm supporting it.

Though I am not urging for it to be included. Non-essential feature of course.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I'd LOVE to have a mobile forum to view on my iPhone.

Pff iPhone, Android's where it's at ;D

Though I am not urging for it to be included. Non-essential feature of course.

I agree, but I would love to see it implemented in the future.

As far as Android goes if AG moves to a more standardized forum there's an app you can use to view it in mobile format. Then again I do love some of the forum features.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

iPhone's dominant here in New Zealand sadly. Barely anyone makes use of Androids.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I would love this feature, I'm supposed to be getting a phone that can handle internet pretty soon, so it's a win-win situation for me.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

iPhone's dominant here in New Zealand sadly. Barely anyone makes use of Androids.

Out of the US there are a few problems with buying apps on the Market but they should be taken care of soon. Honestly the iPhone is currently the better technology but Android is much younger than iOS.

Anyway I would be completely happy with a text only site for my phone as long as I could still use BB code.
halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

Pff iPhone, Android's where it's at ;D

yea im pretty sure iphones dont even suppourt flash
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Nope, iPhones don't support flash, that's why our current mobile site just shows them a list of iPhone games and redirects them to the iTunes store.

A mobile forum would be handy, but not a priority for us. First we need to figure out whether we're migrating the current forums to AG3 or not... or whether we'll even need forums in AG3.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

First we need to figure out whether we're migrating the current forums to AG3 or not... or whether we'll even need forums in AG3.

You're starting to scare me cormyn.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

You're kidding, right? Right Ian? ^^" C'mon...forums are awesome!

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

75% of why I'm here is because of the forum if it's gone il be really pissed off please Ian please don't take off I beg of you don't. (imagine me saying that with my knees on the ground)

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I have an Ipod touch and I have no problem using the forums, and I also can access all the pages on the site (90% of my posts comes from my Ipod, also because when I'm on my PC hardly ever I'm not playing on AG).

Showing 1-15 of 29