Graham

Graham

8,356 posts

Larry considered pancakes over aura. ;)

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 8:03pm

skater_kid_who_pwns

skater_kid_who_pwns

4,601 posts

zinc, that would be kinda cool, though it has nothing to do with anything.

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 8:08pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

Larry loves "mojo" as a name. Personally, I like Nobility and Esteem, in that order.

Thanks, Freak, for maintaining that list on GetSatisfaction, it's much easier for some of the team to see them there.

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 8:11pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

5,231 posts

Has Pride been mentioned yet? When it gets too low it could change Prejudice?

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 8:20pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

Pride and Prejudice

I see what you did there. Ideally, we want a single word, and we don't really want to give users a reason to *want* to make their karma negative, like an alignment system where someone *wants* to be "chaotic evil."

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 8:32pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,802 posts

Here's a few:

- Presence (I Liked this one best. Obviously you have to make posts, rate games, etc. to get the points so the more you do the more presence you have on the site.

- Bouyancy (The more buoyant you are the higher you float, the higher up you are. Kind of silly, but thought I'd suggest it)

- Prestige (This kind of gives the system a noble sounding name.)

- Power (Although this could be misleading, because you aren't gaining mod powers or what not from the points, but I like the sound of "Power Points".)

- Prominence (Kind of like presence, but for some reason not as cool.)

- Esteem (I don't really no if this works but the higher you get the more esteem you have. Kind of a low self esteem high self esteem, but I guess these could be insulting.)

(Sorry if any of these were repeats.)

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 9:19pm

samdawghomie

samdawghomie

3,672 posts

- Prestige (This kind of gives the system a noble sounding name.)

I'm for this. Sounds pretty cool.

Larry loves "mojo" as a name.

Haha, I could see that working.

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 9:31pm

Graham

Graham

8,356 posts

Ideally, we want a single word, and we don't really want to give users a reason to *want* to make their karma negative, like an alignment system where someone *wants* to be "chaotic evil."

Ahaa, I see how aura would be bad.

Hopefully, if mojo gets sworn in, there won't be obese men in Scottish outfits trying to steal it. *Hopes a little too hard for others to get reference*

Yeah, baby, yeah!

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 9:35pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

5,231 posts

reason to *want* to make their karma negative, like an alignment system where someone *wants* to be "chaotic evil."

Ah I see what you mean, perhaps just pride then? Having a low pride rating would probably just be humiliating.

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 9:41pm

Graham

Graham

8,356 posts

The problem with Pride, other than it being one of the seven deadly sins, is that people don't usually... project to you Pride. It depends on how much you value your own actions.