Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

New names for karma

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 1:56pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

Thank you. I was thinking of Hall of Fame, then I thought of my Hmom thread. And then I thought of Honor.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 2:23pm

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,372 posts

Yeah honor is great but prestige is OK too.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 3:33pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

The guys in the office like honor, or reputation (rep)

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 3:35pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,224 posts

You could put the 3 favorite  ideas to a vote and choose the winner that way.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 3:46pm

ArmorL3gend

ArmorL3gend

170 posts

Honor and Reputation (Rep) sounds great but, I prefer Honor because it is in the medieval theme of AG :D

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 3:48pm

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,372 posts

Yes I think keeping the medieval theme is important if we want to remain an unique site.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 3:56pm

ulimitedpower

ulimitedpower

1,597 posts

Lemme think...

Well, the name depends heavily if you want something original or mor fantasy. Honor and rep sound good, just a bit... Boastful. I have more honor than you!

How about gold? It was very valuable back in medieval ages, and it's easy to understand.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 4:04pm

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,372 posts

I have thought many times about Gold but for some reason I don't like it. And the newcomers forum would be filled by people asking "how do I spend my gold?"
I still prefer honor.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 5:58pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,646 posts

Honor and rep work great, but it seems a bit unoriginal.
If AG had a name that stood out just a little more people would know what site someone is talking about just at the mention of the name of the point system. Like when someone talks about prestige you almost instantly think of Call of Duty. Just my thought, honor and reputation though sound great I like honor.

I don't see how gold would work, it doesn't have much to do with ranking of people, it seems like some sort of indirect weighing of how important someone is and it's seems a little misleading.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 10:47pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

I prefer reputation.. or something else aside from karma, prestige, gold and honour. Rep is used on many other forums and is a reliable name. Though we should be looking for something especially suited to AG's theme.