ForumsNews and FeedbackNew names for karma

156 34173
UnlimitedDragon
UnlimitedDragon
463 posts
Nomad

ok cormyn i know u want ideas about the new name for karma well i dont have any im posting this beacuse i didnt find a post on it so post away

• 156 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

zinc, that would be kinda cool, though it has nothing to do with anything.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Larry loves "mojo" as a name. Personally, I like Nobility and Esteem, in that order.

Thanks, Freak, for maintaining that list on GetSatisfaction, it's much easier for some of the team to see them there.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Has Pride been mentioned yet? When it gets too low it could change Prejudice?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Pride and Prejudice

I see what you did there. Ideally, we want a single word, and we don't really want to give users a reason to *want* to make their karma negative, like an alignment system where someone *wants* to be "chaotic evil."
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Here's a few:

- Presence (I Liked this one best. Obviously you have to make posts, rate games, etc. to get the points so the more you do the more presence you have on the site.

- Bouyancy (The more buoyant you are the higher you float, the higher up you are. Kind of silly, but thought I'd suggest it)

- Prestige (This kind of gives the system a noble sounding name.)

- Power (Although this could be misleading, because you aren't gaining mod powers or what not from the points, but I like the sound of "Power Points".)

- Prominence (Kind of like presence, but for some reason not as cool.)

- Esteem (I don't really no if this works but the higher you get the more esteem you have. Kind of a low self esteem high self esteem, but I guess these could be insulting.)

(Sorry if any of these were repeats.)

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

- Prestige (This kind of gives the system a noble sounding name.)

I'm for this. Sounds pretty cool.

Larry loves "mojo" as a name.

Haha, I could see that working.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Ideally, we want a single word, and we don't really want to give users a reason to *want* to make their karma negative, like an alignment system where someone *wants* to be "chaotic evil."

Ahaa, I see how aura would be bad.

Hopefully, if mojo gets sworn in, there won't be obese men in Scottish outfits trying to steal it. *Hopes a little too hard for others to get reference*

Yeah, baby, yeah!
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

reason to *want* to make their karma negative, like an alignment system where someone *wants* to be "chaotic evil."

Ah I see what you mean, perhaps just pride then? Having a low pride rating would probably just be humiliating.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

The problem with Pride, other than it being one of the seven deadly sins, is that people don't usually... project to you Pride. It depends on how much you value your own actions.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Arrogance should be a bigger sin than pride. Pride in oneself for accomplishing a task is not sinful.

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

Something that relates to the armour games theme. Olden days, knights, chivalry, status etc...

I like prestige, I know COD did it but it sounds good. Noone wants no prestige.

Mojo is always good baby... you cant help but feel groovy.

Nobility keeps the Medieval theme
Here are a bunch of words from dictionary.com's thesaurus that I liked.

fame, influence, authority, distinction, kudos, rank, regard, renown, reputation, repute, standing, stature, status, boon, favor,
mastery, recognition,

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

possibly muffins? everyone wants a muffin and there can be karma ranks liek this

lowest to highest

Banana nut
Bran
Blueberry
Chocolate

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I like influence and recognition from that list.

Mojo is always good baby... you cant help but feel groovy.

I feel a party comin' on.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I like influence, has anyone mentioned Fame yet, considering we have a 'How famous is the above user' thread I would think it was a good bet.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I still like presence, prominence, power, notoriety, or prestige. Although, swag, bling, or crunk would be ganstalicous!

Showing 91-105 of 156