ForumsNews and FeedbackProfile Layouts

18 5495
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

On the current AG, some people have really looooooong abouts. Maybe on AG3 there could be customizable layouts to even it out or possibly split it below where it shows you what rank you are.

• 18 Replies
UnlimitedDragon
UnlimitedDragon
463 posts
Nomad

interesting, sounds like a good idea to me

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Or, have a show about button. Where the about is hidden, unless the person Actually wants to see it. Or the about could be placed underneath the messanger.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Or, have a show about button. Where the about is hidden, unless the person Actually wants to see it.

OR, if it is over a certain amount of characters have it cut off at said character amount. Then have a show button to show the rest.
cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

something fresh and new. put some new things to make your profile more fun

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

how about that space underneath the id's and address' be used for half the about when the main one gets to half a page in length?

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Well, you could always limit the size of one's about space.. 20,000 characters, etc.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

This is a suggestion for the profile layout?

I agree, you should be able to put some of your about in that empty space under your armatar.

This seems like a small suggestion though :P

Voyageur
Voyageur
79 posts
Nomad

This seems like a small suggestion though :P

A bunch of small, well thought out suggestions will beat one huge upgrade any day
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

A bunch of small, well thought out suggestions will beat one huge upgrade any day

I didn't want to have a huge idea, otherwise it probably wouldn't be programmed in.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We already limit the biography size. I'll talk to Larry about the profile layout page.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Maybe have the about split up in different sections? Allthough that might point towards a FaceBook-esque layout... but that's what a lot of users would like to see!

Suggestion for the split:

- About section (tell as much as you want to about yourself)
- Forum/Thread section (to store frequently visited threads and forums)
- Interests section (tell what your interests are)
- Games section (store, talk about and link the games you like the most)

Maybe this is a basis/platform to start with? =)

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

but that's what a lot of users would like to see

not me. I joined AG 'cause it is much better.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

- About section (tell as much as you want to about yourself)
- Forum/Thread section (to store frequently visited threads and forums)
- Interests section (tell what your interests are)
- Games section (store, talk about and link the games you like the most)

I think that the 'About' section should be off to the side like it is now on your profile, and the interests should be with it. The Games and Forum/Thread sections should be on the left hand side. That's what I think the layout should be if we ever do that.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Maybe after having so much karma, you could unlock new layouts.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

While I'm not entirely opposed to this idea, I doubt we'll do it for beta/launch. It'd be a pretty complex thing to program, and we'll want to keep as much a consistent look around the entire site as possible. I'll talk to Larry about it some more tomorrow.

Showing 1-15 of 18