Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

[dup] Thumbs Up

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 5:06am

PenguinThrower

PenguinThrower

20 posts

Add thumbs up feature for comment. So you can thumbs up people's coment. Just like in Youtube.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 5:29am

robowarrior

robowarrior

17 posts

sounds pretty good. that way you could also pick who gets a merit (if they keep them).

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 5:46am

deathopper

deathopper

835 posts

I've heard that you were able to vote who you think deserved merits a
long time ago but ppl used to vote their friends who sometimes didn't deserve a merit which ended up with ppl getting 20 merits. So they stop cause it wasn't fair to the ppl who deserved merits getting squat and the ppl who don't deserve it getting loads of merits cause of their popularity on the site and not for the comments.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 9:53am

latpasko

latpasko

217 posts

i dont think its good.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 1:13pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,527 posts

Knight

We used to have the "vote up" button, but it was removed. I know your suggestion is different, but it's still similar enough in the sense that it can easily

but ppl used to vote their friends who sometimes didn't deserve a merit which ended up with ppl getting 20 merits. be abused.

Not quite. All the "vote up" button did was make text slightly larger. It didn't automatically give you a merit; the mods still had to come by and award the comment a merit, if they thought it was deserving enough. The reason it was removed was because people were voting their own comments up (there was no way for mods to know who voted up which comments).

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 1:17pm

atomicsquid1

atomicsquid1

16 posts

i think that would be a fun thing to have. and say you get 20 thumbs up, you could get like 5 AG points. does that make sense?

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 1:29pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,527 posts

Knight

I think we're all forgetting that even on YouTube, you can vote up your own comments hundreds of times. I doubt AG would be able to prevent that from happening if YouTube can't.

and say you get 20 thumbs up, you could get like 5 AG points. does that make sense?

Vote your comment up 1000 times and you get 250 points. Yes, you'd be banned, but it would still take spamming to an entirely new level.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 1:38pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

Maybe thumbs up on the forums, where you don't get merits.  Also, I'm pretty sure AG3 won't have merits.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 1:47pm

atomicsquid1

atomicsquid1

16 posts

think we're all forgetting that even on YouTube, you can vote up your own comments hundreds of times. I doubt AG would be able to prevent that from happening if YouTube can't.

oh, sorry i don't have a youtube account. xP i didn't know you could thumbs up you comment over and over again. i still think it would be a neat idea if it all worked out well.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 1:58pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

@Joe

AG3 will count one's game reviews though.