Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Armatar catagories

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 5:46pm

samy

samy

4,336 posts

So uhh, what you basically want is to have the armatars from each set being unlocked, one at a time, over the course of the whole set? So if one set takes from 1500AP to 2500AP to complete, every 100 or so would unlock one armatar until at 2500AP where you complete the entire set of that armatar?

Yes, so you understood what I meant =P

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 5:51pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

Hmm..With this, it may be better to randomize your winnings then. I certainly wouldn't want to have incremental increases in AP to have one armatar in a set, unlock 5, then move on to the next set. What could instead be done is have the winnings randomized (but have the AP requirements constant for all users), and when an armatar is won, it is placed in a set with other armatars, separated from other sets, and in your account for you to choose later.

--Full Set unlock, aka what we have now: not randomized

--one-by-one unlocks: randomized

That's how I'd like it to be anyways.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 6:03pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

I thought of something too. Every 100 AP or whatever you want, you would recieve like a key to unlock an armatar, and you could pick any random one you wanted, but you would know what the theme was.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 6:05pm

UnlimitedDragon

UnlimitedDragon

107 posts

thats a good idea too

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 12:26pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

I think we're going to have a standard set of armatars, but allow users to upload custom armatars to share with friends (they'll be reviewed before we let them go public though) once they gain enough armor points and/or karma.

Posted Oct 24, '10 at 2:54pm

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

673 posts

you should get like monster things as an armatar

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 10:07am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,783 posts

Maybe setting up an official AG competition for 'Official AG Armatars' to be made standard when winning it, would do the trick here... ;)

That and the idea of having 'Game Screenshot Armatars' is still the ones I like best... :)

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 12:17pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

We've already said in other threads that Dan will consider whether to get new armatars or not. And users will have the ability to upload their own armatars if their reputation/armor points are high enough.