ForumsNews and FeedbackSpoiler in the about

6 3308
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I was thinking, since many people have the skip to comments button, why don't we have a hide/show button in the about. The about would be a huge spoiler, and you could hide it to get to the comments.

And you could make it so that only friends could open the spoiler, or passwords to the spoiler (No). Infinite possibilities. Good or bad idea?

• 6 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

When you refer to the "spoiler" do you mean the about?
Also, if there were passwords, how would the other people know?

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

When you refer to the "spoiler" do you mean the about? No, a spoiler a basically a Hide/show button. Look at the spoiler for game cheats. Scroll down a bit.
Also, if there were passwords, how would the other people know?Through Private Messages, but I didn't like that idea anyway.
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I thought spoiler was a general term...

Your idea is good too, its almost the same thow.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

good idea it's like a little tab on the post that says SPOILER ALERT and you click a button that says i wanna see! and to put it back you just have to click the same button now labeled OW MY EYES!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

If we could somehow implement spoilers like this in the forums, that would be much better. TV Tropes has implemented spoilers hidden from view until the user is prompted to highlight the text missing to reveal said spoilers. Rather it be a button, have it highlightable. I'm not sure if that's BBCode, but it's worth a try.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already talked about adding a spoiler button of some sort, versus having a way for users to submit walkthrough/hints/etc on the game page somewhere.

Showing 1-6 of 6