Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Spoiler in the about

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 6:01pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

I was thinking, since many people have the skip to comments button, why don't we have a hide/show button in the about. The about would be a huge spoiler, and you could hide it to get to the comments.

And you could make it so that only friends could open the spoiler, or passwords to the spoiler (No). Infinite possibilities. Good or bad idea?

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 6:08pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

When you refer to the "spoiler" do you mean the about?
Also, if there were passwords, how would the other people know?

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 6:11pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

When you refer to the "spoiler" do you mean the about? No, a spoiler a basically a Hide/show button. Look at the spoiler for game cheats. Scroll down a bit.
Also, if there were passwords, how would the other people know?Through Private Messages, but I didn't like that idea anyway.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 6:45pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,052 posts

Or even better, maybe there could be a straight link that if the about is too big, the "straight to comments" will appear automatically, or maybe yet, it could appear regardless.

However your idea is good, though many people could be confused if we call it spoiler, but maybe my idea could be a bit better.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 9:07pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

I thought spoiler was a general term...

Your idea is good too, its almost the same thow.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 9:11pm

locoace3

locoace3

1,610 posts

good idea it's like a little tab on the post that says SPOILER ALERT and you click a button that says i wanna see! and to put it back you just have to click the same button now labeled OW MY EYES!

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 10:42am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,208 posts

If we could somehow implement spoilers like this in the forums, that would be much better. TV Tropes has implemented spoilers hidden from view until the user is prompted to highlight the text missing to reveal said spoilers. Rather it be a button, have it highlightable. I'm not sure if that's BBCode, but it's worth a try.

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 12:46pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

We've already talked about adding a spoiler button of some sort, versus having a way for users to submit walkthrough/hints/etc on the game page somewhere.