Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Honorable Member of the Month (HMoM)

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 8:30pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,117 posts

Why a limit on the number of wins? It's purely based on statistics for that month :(

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 8:44pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

If you have the same people winning time after time everyone's going to lose interest. Personally I think is should be based more on 'rate ups' on posts/comments rather than recommendations. After all the title is Honorable Member of the Month.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 8:45pm

locoace3

locoace3

1,610 posts

well they should have som ething where it's a different person every time

and i still want TOTM (troll of the month)

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 9:01pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

I like Freak's idea the best. HMOM wins could be its own section of points. And the winner is called a Mom.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 9:02pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,117 posts

I didn't say recommendations I said statistics XD

Supposedly, if that same person kept getting multiple categories won and getting the MotM award, then yeah, people would lose interest in it. It would be very unlikely that it would happen though. People would compete for the different categories and boost activity on the site.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 9:21pm

coldplaya

coldplaya

311 posts

This thread should be looked at. I think these ideas are great on paper, but may need lots of new coding and a new piece of the site could make AG3 postponed for awhile. I like the categories ideas. Rewarding AP seems like it could turn into a bad idea and may become  abused if it is rewarded too much.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 9:24pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

It already has.

@Freak. I can't really think of much different categories...

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 9:27pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

Mods shouldn't be able to win this, the way I see it. They're a whole different category, so they should get their own contest. "Mod of the month"?

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 9:46pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

Aww yes, good idea. :D

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 11:23pm

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

This sounds like a much better polish Player of the Week award. Very good. As for the ideas of rewarding AP, I still think some people don't get it.

In AG3 you won't be getting AP for participating in the site, only for playing games and such. Karma will be given out for site participation.

Excellent proposal Frank.