Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

User News

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 10:15pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,774 posts

Avast Just gained their 1000th forum post!
Ye and Landlubbers are now friends.
Arrrrgh! just signed up to AG!
Piracy just gained their 15,000th Armor Point.
Blah just won the Haiku contest and was awarded a merit!
Bleep just was awarded a merit for their comment on [insert game]
[insert comment]

Something like that except maybe excluding the friends, there could be hundreds of friend invitations all day. That would equal to more friends being made. Everything else is cool.

Posted Oct 17, '10 at 10:25pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

Sound like twitter which I hate. Also it would consists of at least 75% pointless drivel. The only thing I could think of as news would be the blog posts. They should be more prioritized in the new site.

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 6:49am

mrtim

mrtim

2,052 posts

I think I heard something like that of having things like achievements and all put on. I think it will be on our profiles and all. But I think we should be able to select what we can put on. And Corymn did say we are going to have similar to twitter like Followers/following.

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 10:01am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,156 posts

Sound like twitter which I hate. Also it would consists of at least 75% pointless drivel. The only thing I could think of as news would be the blog posts. They should be more prioritized in the new site.

If this idea is something like Xfire, then it would be automatic, meaning the server updates the progression of the user. If they is user-made updates, then they are considered blogs.

With Ian's speculated features about following users and friends alike, that would basically just notify you whenever said user did something. What we are discussing right now are ways the user can post their own news. I say on the profile, whether it be user-made blog posts, or automatic progression updates like how Xfire has.

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 12:42pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Perhaps something akin to a news feed, where any achievements by users, new friends, 'status' posts (if those will exist) and other such things exist.

This is precisely what we're building. Except for the "Joe and John are now friends" kinds of posts, those will show up on your own profile page (if you are Joe or John, or a friend of either of them)

Posted Oct 18, '10 at 12:44pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

What we are discussing right now are ways the user can post their own news

We're looking at ways for users to share news on their own profile pages. Larry's thinking about letting users add a few RSS feeds and publish the last 3 headlines from it, etc. and we're happy to hear other ideas.

Posted Oct 21, '10 at 10:56pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

Maybe a news section or a blog on users profiles where people could subscribe to blogs?

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 11:34am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Well, we don't want it so much as a place where you can read your CNN news or something, it's meant more as a "here's MY blog, and here are the last few things I've written"

Reply to User News

You must be logged in to post a reply!