ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Curency

15 4524
UnlimitedDragon
UnlimitedDragon
463 posts
Nomad

ok everyones freaking out because they want to turn AP into a form of money i think we need to keep AP AP and make up a different kind

• 15 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

The AG team has stressed several times that they do not plan to have any sort of currency with AP; all it is going to do is be cumulative. Where did you hear of this?

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I think AP should stay. However, that new Karma stuff would be the new big thing...maybe that would be the money?

UnlimitedDragon
UnlimitedDragon
463 posts
Nomad

[quote]cormyn: turning AP into a "currency" to spend on things

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

So, what are you proposing, Dragon?

UnlimitedDragon
UnlimitedDragon
463 posts
Nomad

i think there sould be a type of currency but AP souldnt be that currency

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Okay, AP is out the door. So, let's refer to our new, unnamed system, as Karma. You're saying that Karma and Armor Games currency should be two separate entities, yes?

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

No... I think there should be a currency but not with AP.

Maybe call it Armor Coins?

Karma System sounds great!

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I don't think karma should be included with the AG3 currency.

Maybe call it Armor Coins?

That has a nice ring to it.

If we were to have a currency I would like it to be named that, 'Armor Coins'.
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

That has a nice ring to it.

If we were to have a currency I would like it to be named that, 'Armor Coins'.

Thanks I thought if we were to have a currency it would be good to call it "Armor Coins".

So then on your profile or where ever it could say : [Number of Coins]AC (Armor Coins)
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I don't think there should be currency at all, and as far as I know Cormyn has stressed that fact several times.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Kyouzou, can you please provide a link to show to that. If that is the case, this needs to be locked.

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

hmmm ok so we have armor coins aka money what do we spend it on? and once we burn though armor coins how do we get more? What is the value of armor coins? Your plan his flaws and anyways why do we want to get rid of AP it perfectly good to me give me 5 good reasons to get rid of Ap and im on your side.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I don't think there should be currency at all, and as far as I know Cormyn has stressed that fact several times.

Yeah, I said that as well up on the first page, what gives?

[quote=Cormyn]I doubt we'd have a 'store' where you'd pay real money for themes or armatars. We've only just started discussing a 'currency' of sorts on the site, but it's so new, I can't even comment further on whether we'll even do it.[/quote]

If anything, Cormyn has NOT made an Armorgames currency official, so we should not have this wrapped around our heads just yet.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Here's the link to where that was posted:

Cormyn's Post

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Later on in the thread cormyn also stated this:

No, we'd never let players purchase AP or Karma or whatever for real money, and yes the real Armor Games Store will always be a separate entity.

and this as a closing statement about the matter:

Hey folks. I'm gonna close this thread for the time being because we haven't discussed anything about a 'currency' within the company yet, and we don't want this to get out of hand or set up any sort of expectation or disappointment.

So let's refrain from wondering and guessing what's going to happen to AG currency...
Showing 1-15 of 15