ForumsNews and FeedbackDo you have an idea for AG3? Put it on GetSatisfaction!

38 28204
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

We created this forum on October 4th, and today we're probably going to pass 2,500 messages. Personally, I'm jazzed that so many of you have spoken up and have shared some --awesome-- ideas.

We're quickly approaching the closed beta phase of AG3, where our hand-selected people will be able to log in soon and see what we've been working on, and we'll also be setting up our beta sign-in page for the rest of you to sign up.

To assist us from this point forward, we'd like everyone to start using our Get Satisfaction site for any new suggestions or ideas.

You can register a free account there, and you can discuss topics to your heart's content. You'll be able to vote on ideas you really want, and share your opinions on ideas as well.

Once you have an account at Get Satisfaction, you can visit http://www.getsatisfaction.com/armorgames and click on the "share an idea tab", write in your suggestion, and click the Continue button. It will look similar to this:
http://iandouglas.com/EishohQueer3uachoo6Aesuhuk6le5.png

The Get Satisfaction site will check to see if anyone else has suggested something similar already, to help us cut down on the number of duplicate posts.

If some of you want to take the initiative to start moving some of our suggestions from this forum and put them on Get Satisfaction, that would be a HUGE help to us too.

• 38 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Remember to star and follow ideas that you like so you can view them whenever a new reply is posted!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Just out of curiosity, what are the qualifications that the hand-picked people had to meet?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I heard from Cormyn on a thread somewhere that the closed beta testers were mostly the relatives of the team, picked to do the mundane work. That's what closed beta is really, just making sure the site functions as it should be. Anywhoo, mostly relatives of the team, the team itself, and maybe a couple admins and mods. I doubt there would be normal users picked for the job, as Cormyn specified that the users would be able to beta test on open beta.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The hand-picked people included close staff, moderators, and friends and family of staff. The general beta sign-up page will be up soon, we just have to pick the design of the page. Go help us pick one by voting.

monopoly377
monopoly377
1 posts
Nomad

If you could somehow come up with a way to monitor comment submition below games, it would prove useful as a lot of people say "ro;giherughukrbguiob" or "good" which to me don't seem worthy of AP as they don't offer any constructive or moral feedback to the games creator(s).

In saying this i have been guilty to be feeling lazy and do this myself, instead of being helpful.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

have to pick the design of the page.

the yellow and black ones weren't so good.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Yeah, I myself commented on how basic and unappealing those designs are. These kinds of backgrounds to me wouldn't make a user want to be part of a new website.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I want something bright like it is now, but with shadows and gun metal in the background. having a black background looks uninviting to me.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Keep in mind, folks, that these designs are just for the beta signup page, not the beta site itself. THAT design is already set up and locked in.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

what is it? can you tell us?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Question: why are you doing a contest to see which beta entry page people like the most? Is it like user-feedback for more future things?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

It's mostly just for show I guess. The team wants an awesome background to post on the Beta page so it attracts more people to participate/wait for the real deal. Once Beta is over, then the stuff the team uses will replace it.

There's also money in the works--winner gets $400!

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

cormyn, can you give an estimated time of when AG3 will be launched ._.'

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

The team is looking for Beta to be launched in early November, and live AG3 in early 2011.

Showing 1-15 of 38