Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Game migration

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 3:16am

Efan

Efan

3,162 posts

how many will be shifted? also I think you should only shift games rated 7/10 or higher to have a better looking expectancy for new games if you understand.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 3:19am

Efan

Efan

3,162 posts

I'm posting so it will get a notice on the forums. Don't judge me!

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 3:28am

knight_34

knight_34

14,286 posts

Why should we go by rating? Even if a game is rated below a certain threshold, there will always be people who will play it in the future. If I am correct, all the games from AG1 were migrated to AG2. Unless it is impossible to do so for some reason (programming, etc.) I would like to see all the games transferred.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 3:36am

Efan

Efan

3,162 posts

Why should we go by rating?

not rating necessarily perhaps the fame and amount of add to favorites.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 3:45am

MRWalker82

MRWalker82

4,200 posts

I agree with Knight on this one. All games should be migrated. Although many don't receive as many plays, they still appeal to an audience out there, albeit perhaps a small one. By limiting which games are transferred over to the AG3 update we are reducing the selection and the entire purpose of AG imho. You also forget that there are many people who play on AG who aren't registered users and cannot or do not rate games, so a rating is not a completely accurate representation of the appreciation or popularity of a game.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 5:57am

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,629 posts

Yes i think all games should be migrated too but if this isn't possible please do NOT shift only 7+ games cause there are a lot of awesome games ( EX llama advevture or ImmorTall) that are underrated so please use another system.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 7:29am

mrtim

mrtim

2,907 posts

As long as it isn't too hard, which causes lag etc should we actually transfer all games to the new version. As knight said, most games from AG 1 was transferred to AG 2 (I can only think of speed that wasn't transferred), and I think the same thing will happen here.

Another thing is that the developers made hard work of the games, and if we don't transfer their games, they may not like it due to the lack of publicity it will get.

So along with forum posts I think, all games should be migrated to AG 3.0.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 9:41am

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

5,957 posts

It would actually be harder to migrate only specific games, amirite?

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 11:52am

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

It'd be easy enough to filter the games, but we will be migrating every game, just like we're migrating every user.

Posted Oct 22, '10 at 12:49pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,242 posts

Considering there are what, ~7-800,000 users comprised of active, ghost, and banned users? I dunno how you guys migrate, but it sounds manual to me :S