ForumsNews and FeedbackGame migration

11 4294
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

how many will be shifted? also I think you should only shift games rated 7/10 or higher to have a better looking expectancy for new games if you understand.

• 11 Replies
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I'm posting so it will get a notice on the forums. Don't judge me!

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Why should we go by rating? Even if a game is rated below a certain threshold, there will always be people who will play it in the future. If I am correct, all the games from AG1 were migrated to AG2. Unless it is impossible to do so for some reason (programming, etc.) I would like to see all the games transferred.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Why should we go by rating?

not rating necessarily perhaps the fame and amount of add to favorites.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I agree with Knight on this one. All games should be migrated. Although many don't receive as many plays, they still appeal to an audience out there, albeit perhaps a small one. By limiting which games are transferred over to the AG3 update we are reducing the selection and the entire purpose of AG imho. You also forget that there are many people who play on AG who aren't registered users and cannot or do not rate games, so a rating is not a completely accurate representation of the appreciation or popularity of a game.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Yes i think all games should be migrated too but if this isn't possible please do NOT shift only 7+ games cause there are a lot of awesome games ( EX llama advevture or ImmorTall) that are underrated so please use another system.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

It would actually be harder to migrate only specific games, amirite?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

It'd be easy enough to filter the games, but we will be migrating every game, just like we're migrating every user.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Considering there are what, ~7-800,000 users comprised of active, ghost, and banned users? I dunno how you guys migrate, but it sounds manual to me :S

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

It's automated. Every time a setting for a game changes, the data migrates to the new server. Same with user accounts -- as soon as you change anything about your account (or if we ban you), that change gets migrated to the new system behind the scenes. It's a pretty slick system, and ensures that while we get AG3 ready, we don't lose a single bit (pun intended) of data.

We've already set it up for users and games, and I'll probably be working on game ratings next week. We have other things to migrate in this fashion as well.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

That sorts this out. No need to worry about games then.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Well, I suppose I should post this here in case you haven't read it.

Showing 1-11 of 11