ForumsNews and FeedbackDifferent layout for threads with alot of responses

7 3221
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Some threads have crazy amounts of replies (I've seen one thread, whose name keeps somehow being changed, with over 300 some pages of replies!), and I was thinking that instead of clicking on over 300 pages to read all the comments, you could either expand the page or change the design.

• 7 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I don't see why you should be complaining about changing the pages by clicking the next page button. This is the way it is on almost every internet message board there is.

As for endless pages, you could get FastestFox or FastestChrome. I guess. This idea is fine as long as it is within convenient means to implement and it isn't a strain on one's internet connection and computer.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

There needs to be a better layout in some cases though. The Fame thread has over 2000 pages, and if you "Go to last post" you'll be treated to all 2000+ pages.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

It would be cool to have the pages load like the new Google image searches where when you scroll down it just loads more posts on that page (but online as your scroll toward the bottom. And that at a certain point you click see next page or something. It would probably be overly complicated and confusing, or there would have to be an option to not use that mode, probably would take lots of code.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Why not simply type which page you wanna go? If a thread has X number of pages, say 100, then the thread is prompted an extra dialogue box where a user can type a number and the server will take the user TO that page.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Why not simply type which page you wanna go?

I'm hoping the new forums have that. I've seen it before on other forums I think. It'd be a great feature.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

I think there should be more thread posts per page. like, instead of about ten posts the size of mine, mabye 20 or 30. and the endless page idea seems cool.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already discussed having a customizablenumber of posts per page.

Showing 1-7 of 7