ForumsNews and FeedbackGame Developer feeds

6 3394
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I know that people are already talking about feeds in general, but I had a little different idea. What if on your user page you could get feeds from your favorite flash programmer so you could get info about new games, sequels, progress, etc.

• 6 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I don't understand where the information would come from. It seems to me that they could just post this information in the forums, and if they don't, then I don't see where they would post it so it would find its way into a news feed.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Any AG-affiliated game developer will just post an announcement about the game either by blog or by updating their About. Perhaps, when you are "following'' the game developer and he or she updates the status, you will be able to see the update, and therefore be given a feed.

I looked through the master list and couldn't find any thread that properly explains this, so I was going completely on a hunch. I expect this can happen in the future though.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I meant they could post something and the information would go directly to their followers.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

It's a fine idea, but I don't know how they'd be able to pull it off. It wouldn't be much different from the developer linking to their blog in their about, except it would require much more coding to implement.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Judging from this thread made:

[quote=Cormyn]This will work like public Twitter profiles, where you can follow whoever you want, whenever you want. As a user, you can always see a list of who you're following, as well as a list of who is following you. When that user does something on the site like create a new forum thread or create new game content (ie a new castle in Sieger) or get a new achievement, you'll see it on your activity feed.[/quote]

From this logic, it's assumed that anything "special" the user does will be shown in your feed. If they make a blog about their game, make a thread about their game, or update their about page, to me, I deem that important enough. So this will show up in your feeds, and you will automatically get notice of "Sonny 3 will come out in about a month!"

Showing 1-5 of 6