Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Exclusive groups

Posted Oct 24, '10 at 8:31pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,306 posts

Maybe on AG3, there could be exclusive benefits for frequent users. There could be groups only the top members had access to, or threads that only they could see. They could have more voting power, etc.

Posted Oct 24, '10 at 11:30pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,242 posts

AG3 will have groups in the future, though members, especially founders, have to have a pretty.high. reputation score to be in one. At least, that's what was agreed on. Should there be groups in which leaders have the power to choose which users can join? Or will there be groups in which anyone can join and share mutual benefits?

However, in a web where exclusive users have more power than others, it would just seem...unfair. To get some reputation in AG3, you have to frequent the forums and get some upped replies. As flawless as this up-voting system sounds and no matter how many checks it can have against the user, it can still be abused. We don't even know what this sort of system will result in. Exclusive rights to exclusive users doesn't sound right, right now.

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 9:36am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,129 posts

Somehow I think this idea is futile, since the current rules of AG state that groups are in any way intended forbidden, so... it's not likely they will change this rule with the new AG3 coming! ;)

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 10:11am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,242 posts

Ian was iffy on the subject. Two guys from the team said that they may add groups after they see how the friend/follower thingy works out.

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 10:15am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,129 posts

I was mistaken there... in the thread on 'Friends/Followers' cormyn stated that they will allow groups to be made in AG3!
He stated it in the OP of that thread, so... whoopsy... :P

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 12:19pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

members, especially founders, have to have a pretty.high. reputation score to be in one. At least, that's what was agreed on

Please link where an Armor Games employee agreed to this?

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 2:09pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,242 posts

I mis-worded what was said. Friends/Followers: I took that from the Clubs/clans idea and was like "okay, they may allow clubs a little after AG3's launch." And then on page 2, you yourself agreed on the requirement of a high reputation score. I'm actually not sure if another commented on it, whether it was here or on GetSatisfaction. I'm sorry if there was a misunderstanding--I was trying to word it properly :(

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 3:22pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

We may set a requirement to create one, but not to join one.

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 8:36pm

thaboss

thaboss

1,667 posts

will there be a special thing for AG3 users?

Posted Oct 25, '10 at 10:59pm

1,901 posts

I think that the reputation system is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard of. For example. A user posts about christianity in the forums. For each post he gets, his reputation will go drastically down, unless he posts something pro - atheist. That seems very unfair to me. So they would all rate down his posts, when he did nothing rude at all.

Reply to Exclusive groups

You must be logged in to post a reply!