ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 News: Easier Login/Registration Process

22 10940
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

With AG3, we're going to be using a third-party service which will allow users log into Armor Games using other login credentials such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, MyOpenID, and more!

http://iandouglas.com/fai7tha8ahPigh5eereic2tahc5die.png

You'll be able to link any (or all) of those services to your Armor Games account so you can log in using any of those accounts. It's not REQUIRED that you do so -- you can always log in with your existing Armor Games username and password -- but it might make your life easier, especially for users who already have accounts at any of those sites and want an easier way to log in at Armor Games.

If you use this new method to log in, you'll be able to tell us whether you already have an Armor Games account, and then give you the opportunity to log in with your existing account, which ties those bits of information together. If you don't have an account yet, it'll walk you through the registration process.

It's a pretty neat service, and we're looking forward to hearing your thoughts during the beta process.

• 22 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

MrDayCee, as I mentioned, the benefit comes from already being logged in at Facebook, and you click a link to Armor Games ... if you've linked your Facebook account, when you click the "log in" link at AG, we can detect your Facebook cookie, and automatically log you in without you needing to type anything else.

My previous statement was incorrect:
[quote=Cormyn]if you're *already* logged in at Facebook/Gmail, and you just happen to come to Armor Games, it'll auto-login for you, if you've linked your accounts.[/quote]
Nothing magical like that happens. You will still need to click a "log in" link at AG (unless you were already logged in at AG in that browser).

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Nothing magical like that happens.

Allright... that's clear for me now! =)

You will still need to click a "log in" link at AG (unless you were already logged in at AG in that browser).

Just to make sure then... you would still need to 'connect' those two by yourself then in order for them to recognise eachother?
In other words, you can still keep those two as separate accounts that don't interact if you want to keep them apart from eachother?
That's my main interest, keeping AG apart from my 'real life accounts'...
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yes, you will have to manually connect the services to your Armor Games account. We've built a way to help you through the process, but we obviously can't do any of it without your input, because each of these services will prompt you to give us permission to link the accounts to your Armor Games profile.

You can choose NOT to link any of them, or link all of them, it's entirely up to you.

We're doing mostly it as a convenience for new users who want to register an account with us, but existing users can gain benefit from it too if they're already logged in on one of those other services.

The way we see it working, you're logged into Gmail or Facebook or Twitter, and see a link to Armor Games. You'd click to AG, click the 'log in' link, and boom, you're logged in, no username/password to enter, because you were already logged in at that other service.

Hope that's clear enough, but I'm happy to answer any other questions.

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

YAY! Also thanks for fixing the online/offline light on the profiles it is cool to see it back in action

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

mdv96, we didn't change the online/offline light.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I don't know if you know, but it's been coming off and on lately.

Additionally thank you for clearing up the personal information issue.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

its an ok idea, i guess.

Showing 16-22 of 22