ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 8, 2010

344 48781
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

On November 8th, 2010, the following will happen:

1. Our closed beta process will begin in the morning
Our closed beta users have already been chosen. Chances are excellent that if you haven't already heard from us by now on an official basis, you won't be in the closed beta. The closed beta group will help with some core testing, which may be as boring as following a list of instructions or a list of things to test for functionality. Their testing will last as long as it takes to get some basic portions of the site working 100% perfectly. Only then will we start the open beta.

2. Our open beta sign-up page will go live sometime between 10am and 6pm
The public beta sign-up page will be at http://beta.armorgames.com/. On that page, you'll only need to enter your Email address. I highly recommend you use the same Email address as your AG2 account, so we can synchronize your account settings easier, and it won't make sense to register multiple Email accounts because beta testers who do not reply to their invite codes will get dropped from the beta. We will not manually add anyone to the list. If you want in, you have to add yourself. I expect it will be some time in the morning, United States Pacific (California) time, but we might need longer to get everything synchronized.

3. We will send out messages on Twitter letting people know that AG3 Beta is starting
I highly recommend you follow these Twitter accounts for updates:
- @armorgames - this is the official Armor Games twitter feed where we announce new games being released, but we'll also announce on here when the beta sign-up page is live. I don't know how much else we'll say on this Twitter account about the beta.
- @cormyn - this is my personal Twitter account (well, one of them), where I will be posting information about the beta process once we get started. I expect to be pretty verbose about what we're working on, things that are working, etc.

We'll probably tell our closed beta users not to say too much publicly about AG3 until someone from AG says it first.

We don't expect the closed beta to go on very long before we start inviting people who signed up after the 8th.

• 344 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

If it will be 10 am when it starts, I will JUST then be getting out of the mini online class block. So darn. I will have to do it either on my phone, or when I get home from school. Crap.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I'm actually in bed sick, so I think i'll have the energy from being so sedentary. I'll be there

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Thanks Efan and Freak for working the time out for me Iz a lazy bugger. Also your pic is severly wrong in some places for reasons I don't understand.

You don't have to use the link... Look at the time post, then look at your computers clock. Ta da.

Win.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Guy, honestly, don't stay up til 3am to register. We're not likely to get 100,000 people register for the beta, or if we do, it won't all be on the first day of signups.

Even if all of our active forum users signed up in the first couple of days, we'll probably STILL need more beta users as we get closer to the final launch of AG3.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Plus you'll look a little stupid if open beta is delayed a little.

For that matter, cormyn, you haven't said that it will open at 10am (your time) have you? There's still a 8 hour time range.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

What I gathered is that 1000 hrs PST is the earliest that the registration may be available, not that it will be available at precisely that time.

Guy, honestly, don't stay up til 3am to register.

Although, Cormyn, you should be proud to work for a site with members dedicated enough to endure sleep deprivation just to be among the first to see all the hard work you and the other webdevs have been doing!
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

It'll probably start whilst I am asleep.. I'll check when I wake up.

Guy, honestly, don't stay up til 3am to register.

Heh, I would. Even though I stay up till 3am for other purposes.
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Sucks that I'll still be in class during that time...and I live in Cali too. Oh well, I suppose I'll head back during break and sign up.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

It'll probably start whilst I am asleep.. I'll check when I wake up.

Sucks that I'll still be in class during that time...and I live in Cali too. Oh well, I suppose I'll head back during break and sign up.

We don't have an exact time for when it starts.

Hopefully early though
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

To be fair, we just helped everyone figure out their timezone to see when the (earliest) time for beta would start. I wouldn't want to be responsible for guys up to ungodly night hours to sign up when they are going to be registered a day later lol

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Guys, honestly, don't stay up till 3am to register.

But Daaad!
I stay up till 3am for other purposes.

Squiggle? (made up word to convey puzzlement)
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

*in grumpy old man voice*

Back in my day we didn't have any of this sign up page nonsense...why I was handpicked by the great DanMcneely himself to test AG2 when it was in beta!!

Those were the days, before all of this rubbish about timezones...and talk of staying up until 3.30am for the release...

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

staying up until 3.30am for the release...

I wouldn't normally do anything like it but i've been trapped in be for several days.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

in bed sorry.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

in bed sorry.

Are you sick, too? I had a sore throat yesterday and a stuffy nose today D:
Showing 31-45 of 344